4.0 out of 5 stars Great Console, No regrets. Even better Game., March 16, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: PS3 320GB Uncharted 3 Bundle (Video Game)
To start this review, Ill say im 27 and have been gaming since atari. I have played or owned almost all systems since. Loved the ps1 and liked my ps2, but after trying out an xbox and Halo I was hooked and ended up selling the ps2 and buying a Xbox. I ended up prefering that style controller of the ps style but was on the fence between 360 and ps3, and in the end the 600 dollar price tag ended up talking me into the 360. I love my 360 and the controller I liked on the original is now Perfect(my opinion).

Flash forward to 2012, The Ps3 at 300 bucks with this game thats supposed to be amazing and a 320gb hard drive. In the End, all these exclusives ive missed out on, i pull the trigger and as i said in the title no regrets. Uncharted is every bit as amazing as i was told(almost through the third one now, bought the double pack 1 and 2 so I could experience it from the beggining.) Ive got Metal gear solid 4 on the way, enjoyed those games in the past. The blu-ray player was a big selling factor for me also, as I finnaly decided it was time for one and my dvd player was worn out anyway. The Ps3 has tooken over all movie duties now, and its performed very well for this also.

To sum it up, this is deff the deal to jump on if your looking for a ps3, you cant go wrong with Ps3 or Xbox.(and if you can afford it, I recommend both.) Ill now sum up some possitives and negatives ive experienced with both systems and/or opinions.

Ps3

Pros

Free online
Looks to be a bigger selection of great exclusives than the Xbox
Blu-ray
controller is way better for fighting games due to xbox garbage dpad
Web browser
Hard drive options
better hardware support such as logitech wheels
It doesnt affect me as I use the pay for xbox live to play with my friends already, but I think its bs Microsoft expects people to pay for live memberships if all there interested in is say netflix or the like. If your someone with no interest in online gaming, but wants to use netflix and other apps the ps3 is deff a way better buy for you.

Cons
Uncharted 1 didnt run as smoothly as expected, minor hang ups, HD was noisy the whole time and 1 total freeze. 2 and 3 ran perfect.
controller doesnt feel anywhere near as nice as xbox for fps
Even though the online is free, I prefer xbox dashboard, online setup, and most importantly for me(as I only play online to play with my close friends) Party chat over playstations setup.
really wish i could save my games to the hard drive to avoid wear and tear on the ps3 as i do on my xbox, some games require that you do, so theres a long install process before you can even play the game.
If you dont have the very fast Internet, you will also prob be frustrated with many updates you will do, Updates are generally much bigger file sizes on the ps3 over the xbox.

Now if everyone could just stop complaining about which system is better and enjoy playing games, we'd be golden.

[Add comment]