4.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, February 18, 2012
This review is from: Samsung UN32EH5000 32-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED TV (Electronics)
As a grandmother who is not as technologically advanced as the younger generation, I did have concerns about buying a television that had to be programmed and the stand installed before using. However, my fears were unwarranted. As soon as I turned it on, I was stepped through the programming and the stand or base was very simple to install. With the weight only being less than 15 pounds, I was also easily able to manuever it by myself. I was watching programs within an hour although younger people would have managed all of this in fifteen minutes.

My initial reason for wanting a newer television was due to my waning vision so had been looking into the 1080p with a 32" screen for some time. I can't believe how much I can read on that screen now that wasn't clear to me before. I had been advised that Samsung was one of most trustworthy brands, but found them locally to be out of my price range. This one was reasonably priced and with my Amazon Prime membership was shipped to me free and quickly I might add.

I am very pleased with the color and the sound plus the ease of use with the remote in case I do have to change the color or sound in the future. I'm not thrilled with having to adjust the size of the picture when going from watching a news program with written information at the bottom of the screen to watching a movie, but it is easy to do so will just have to adjust to that feature.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 22, 2012 8:59:15 AM PST
Thanks for a nice review. Can you tell me if the screen has a matte finish to it or if it's glossy? I can't seem to find that in the specs of any TV, and I've noticed that the glossy screens have a much sharper image.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2012 9:52:46 AM PST
wfc says:
I can't give you an absolutely correct answer as wasn't aware that TV screens had either a matte or glossy finish. I can tell you by looking at the Samsung and comparing it to two older televisions we have that the screen is shinier.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2012 1:19:23 PM PST
Does the screen swivel on the pedestal or is it fixed?
thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2012 1:43:49 PM PST
wfc says:
The screen is definitely fixed in placed. However, the picture is almost as clear from a side angle as it is from the front.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2012 5:42:49 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 22, 2012 5:44:02 PM PST
thanks, more for the reason that it is going on a bedroom dresser and want even on the dresser surface but I want to be able to tilt it towards the sitting position on the bed.

Posted on Aug 27, 2012 5:49:05 PM PDT
NofYB says:
:) I'm not a grandmother but am almost officially a senior citizen who happened to work in information technology until the last layoff. While I can figure things out (I was part techy), I'm tired of doing it. Your review has put me at ease. I'm waiting for two of these beasts to arrive to replace my dying but lovely 27" JVC and a 21" Sanyo. I personally need it because on my JVC, the bottom of the screen is so wiggly, I can't read closed caption through it. I'll just have to teach my partner how to make the adjustments but you make it sound simple enough.

Thanks for your review.

Posted on Sep 3, 2012 4:15:16 AM PDT
M mom says:
I am also a senior citizen. I am now alone and was not the techie in the family. May I ask why would I need a HDMI cable. I have a local cable provider and a box. I don't see any slot where I could plug in this kind of a connection. Do you use this feature? Thank you for your useful review.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2012 6:22:36 AM PDT
wfc says:
You would have to ask someone else what a HDMI cable is used for. All I have is a cable box so I do not use the HDMI.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2012 8:32:17 AM PDT
M mom says:
Thank you for your quick response.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 7:43:57 PM PDT
Hawaii Howie says:
B. Drumm, The HDMI is if you wish to hook up your computer (usually a laptop) to the television thus using your TV for a larger monitor while you surf the web or watch DVD's from your computer.

Here's a good video if you want to do that:
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›