5.0 out of 5 stars Zumba Fitness 2 for Wii, November 15, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Zumba Fitness 2 - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
First and foremost, much improvement as far as graphics go. You can actually see the moves that the dancer on the screen is performing, instead of the thermal imaging that was part of the first installment. The setup was very easy. In creating a profile, you choose a name, gender, weight, birthdate.

At first, I was not too thrilled with the new song choices. I immediately missed my old favorites from the Zumba DVD's and the first game and the songs I've had in Zumba classes. But once I got into a couple of the routines, I found myself paying more attention to the moves and less focus on the songs. I suppose they'll grow on me. I went into Single Song Routine and scrolled through each one and listened to them and created a favorites playlist of the ones I like so far.

On the main menu you get to choose from Single Song, Full Class, Learn the Steps, Progress Tracker and Options. Single song is a routine to the song of your choice. You get to choose from 32 song choices, change your venue, etc. Full Class choices are Short Class, Mid-Length Class, Full-Length Class and Custom Playlist, where you pick your own songs and do a routine for the length of those songs. Once you've chosen your Class Duration, you have choices of Intensity: Low, Medium, High and Change Venue.

At any time once you're into a routine, you can hit the + button to pause the game. This brings up a Menu choice of Resume, Restart, Options and Quit to choose from. The Options menu gives you a choice to change the Game Settings (Visual Cues and Brightness) or Audio Settings (Effects Volume and Music Volume).

Once you've completed a routine, your performance stats come up, Calories Burned, Technique, Score. You can also view cumulative totals of these in the Progress Tracker options from the Main Menu. Progress Tracker lists Weight, Time played, Technique (%) and Total Calories burned. You can choose that in a graph of Days, Weeks, Months. In the Progress Tracker there are also Awards that you get for completing certain goals during play. The only one I've unlocked so far was Bronze Class (Finish a Short Class). I guess the only goal with these is to collect them all.

Also within the Progress Tracker Menu is an Extras option. For so many stars that you accumulate during gameplay there are levels reached, it looks like 11 total. You can unlock "exciting new videos featuring exclusive behind the scenes footage and interviews". (Their description, not mine).

Overall the menu is user friendly, the song choices are completely different than the first installment, the characters on the screen are very easy to see and follow and the pace is on fire, as usual. That's all I can think of for now, but I will add to this review if I notice anything I missed or mis-spoke about. The one thing that is very minor, but very odd, is the cursor to select menu choices. It's a big fat purple arrow that you can't miss, and seems to be bigger than some of the buttons you are clicking. Like I said, not a big deal at all, just an odd design choice in its size.

The one thing I am confused about. In prior descriptions of the game before it came out, it said one of the dance styles you could choose from is Belly Dance. I took that as you could choose whole routines based on belly dancing, but that doesn't appear to be the case so far. Who knows, maybe once I get into the game a little more that might be an option but I saw it nowhere in my navigations tonight.

I can't wait to do a full routine and see how many calories it says I burned, and if it's comparable to my Fitbit and or Polar HRM.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 18, 2011 12:34:56 PM PST
Mumbo Jumbo says:
I recently bought Zumba 2 and I'm new to the game. Is there a way to save your progress? I completed three single songs and started on a fourth but decided to quit so I hit "Quit Game." Then when I was in the progress tracker it doesn't display anything for time played or for calories (I did create a profile).
Also, do you have any tips about the belt placement? I put it over my right hip but sometimes it blinks red at me and thinks I'm not moving when I am. Also, I learned one dance but it says that my technique is 53% and when I did a new song that I had no idea what I was doing and kind of just jumping around it said my technique was 93%...
Any tips would be helpful for this Zumba newbie! Thanks!

Posted on Jan 1, 2012 6:07:45 PM PST
A. Tipton says:
Is there any way for the game to pick your routines? Seems like in the first Zumba it had a calendar and it gave you different stuff to do daily

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 21, 2012 9:27:49 AM PDT
lisarenee62 says:
On Zumba 2 the only way to save a routine is to finish it. Tried, it did the same thing.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 21, 2012 9:29:14 AM PDT
lisarenee62 says:
On Zumba 2 you can go to full class, then go to play list and create your own playlist. Pick the songs you want on your own dance class, you can always go back in and delete them if you don't want or like a particular song in your list.

Posted on Jan 26, 2014 9:23:22 AM PST
HAPPY says:
Zumba, starting out as a newbe would you recommend starting with Zumba one or just jump into order Zumba 2
‹ Previous 1 Next ›