4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Size, Easy Set-Up, DuraBrite Inks, October 28, 2012
This review is from: Epson WorkForce WF-2540 Wireless All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, Copier, Scanner ADF, Fax. Prints from Tablet/Smartphone. AirPrint Compatible (C11CC36201) (Office Product)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I just set this printer up today, and I like the attention to detail from Epson. Like another reviewer, I'm replacing a finicky (and expensive) Artisan 800 printer with this one. I'm hoping that this printer will have much better longevity than the Artisan, but at less than half the price, it's worth a shot. (NOTE: I did receive this printer as part of the Vine program).

The installation of this printer was relatively smooth. I did have some issues with the printer during the ink cartridge install, but a little push of the ink tray and a restart and I was good to go. I'm sure this was caused by some jog during shipping.

The installation was really quick and smooth. I installed the software and did NOT even have to connect to the printer with a USB cable; I just used the keypad on the printer to enter my wireless network information, and I was good to go! I was up and running in just a few minutes and I printed my first item--a sheet of printable fabric. Now, this is not a conventional item, and although it's made for inkjet printers, I've had other inkjets have issues with the media. I just used a plain paper setting and I was good to go! The printer took the odd media flawlessly, and the print was excellent.

In other tests, I found the printer to be surprisingly good. Text printing is much better than I expected--so much better that it rivals a laser printer in crispness. Photos are good even on plain paper. The printer starts quickly and is fairly speedy in printing text. Images print in an average amount of time.

This printer comes with a lot of bells and whistles, including:

- Print to Fax (nice)
- ADF for scanning
- AIRPRINT which works flawlessly (yay!)
- EPSON Connect AND Google Cloud printing

For the money, I think this printer is a great value. I'm going to watch to see if there are the same ink issues as the Artisan 800 (can't print black if other print cartridges are out, cartridges dry out when not in use, uses ink like crazy). I'm hoping that this is a great replacement.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]