5.0 out of 5 stars These are the ONLY headphones I use (if I can help it), March 12, 2009
This review is from: Panasonic RP-HT21 Lightweight Headphones with XBS Port (Electronics)
You've already read from several other reviewers that these headphones have good bass and sound, are extremely durable, and a good price. I completely agree with all these sentiments. Some reviewers have said that they are fragile, and it makes me wonder what they are doing to break them. Are they treating them like ear buds, which have no headband? The band is flexible plastic, but like any other plastic band, too much pressure will make it snap (same goes for the head phones, but I've been able to reattach them a couple of times by just snapping them back in).

What I want to emphasize is the thing that most impresses me about these headphones, which is the reason that they are the only ones I use, and that is that they are EXTREMELY comfortable (for headphones with a band). I've tried several other types and styles: behind the neck Behind-The-Neck Headphones with Fashion Color Caps, extra padding on the headphone speakers Sony MDR-V250V Monitor Series Headphones with In-line Volume Control, even headphones with the same design (wide headband and swiveling headphones so that they adjust to your head size): Coby CVH42 Slim Lightweight Stereo HP & Koss UR5 Stereo Headphones with Foam Ear Cushions.

NONE of the other brands can even compare when it comes to comfort! I can use the Panasonic headphones to work on a project or while playing video games for several hours, or ALL DAY at work, and never have any of the issues I have had with the others. The complaints I find with the others are pinching my ears against my head or just pinching the ears in general, experiencing a squeezing feeling on the top of my head, numbing sensation on the ears, and an inability to stay on.

These are headphones that were either comparable in price (at the time Panasonic went for $15) or design, but they really don't compare where I need them to excel the most. I don't use the other headphones unless I absolutely have to because my Panasonic headphones aren't with me.

My only complaint about these headphones is that after a few years the extending part tends to get a little loose (but not so loose you can't wear them) and that the "foamies" (the material that goes over the headphones) eventually need replacing (which really isn't Panasonic's fault).

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 29, 2009 8:20:27 AM PST
B. Gallelli says:
Do you know if these headphones will work with a Sansa Clip MP3 player? I have some headsets from other "toys" and they don't fit.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2011 4:57:24 PM PST
J. E. Perry says:
Sorry it took me so long to reply, I wasn't notified there was a comment. According to my research, Sansa Clip MP3 player uses standard 3.5 mm jack. I got out a ruler and measured the jack for my headphones and it was 3.5 mm; therefore, it *should* fit your player.

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2013 12:57:40 PM PDT
thanks for the great review. can you confirm the phones last "a few years" before they got worn out?

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2013 10:40:54 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 15, 2013 10:47:34 AM PDT
J. E. Perry says:
Well, it depends on how you use them. If you're throwing them in your backpack and then putting your laptop or gym equipment in next so that they're crushing the headphones, then they're only going to last you a few months (or hours even). Treating inexpensive headphones like they're indestructible is ridiculous; they're not ear-buds, so they can't be treated like them.

I use these mostly for listening to music while on my computer, so I can't counter what others have said about exercising with them (I've only used them twice at the gym). Basically, they sit connected to my computer speakers (or in the headphone jack for the one at work) until I use them again. I have reached for them and knocked them off the computer desk and occasionally set books down on them, but they didn't break as easily as some users seem to imply they do (I wonder what they're doing to break them). As for lasting "a few years", I purchased 3 of these in 2011, I still have 2 left--one is still in its packaging; the other is in excellent working condition. The 3rd pair only got damaged b/c I forgot I was wearing them (that's how comfy they are) and I stood up and walked away from my computer, which jerked them off my head and damaged the left connector cord. A wrap around the headphone and some black electrical tape fixed it so that I could hear in that side again (they're my work headphones now). If I hadn't been absent-minded, that 3rd pair wouldn't have needed repairing and would still be the only pair of the 3 that I was using (this was a recent mishap; I'd been using it all 2011 and 2012 before this "accident" happened).

Hope this information works for you (I've read some recent reviews and I honestly don't know what these other users are doing to their headphones to make them break or why they aren't working...I'm considering purchasing another pair just to see what their talking about. I don't know why none of the unsatisfied users didn't contact the seller; many sellers will pay for their return or give refunds without a return if they're defective).

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2014 8:04:52 AM PDT
OldAmazonian says:
Re: Sansa Clip MP3 player

We have two, and the fault lies more with the Clip's jack rather than the headphone plug tip shape. A thin film of silicone grease or similar on the plug tip will in time make the fit easier.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›