1.0 out of 5 stars You've got to be kidding me with all of these 5 star reviews, January 29, 2012
This review is from: The New Rules of Marketing & PR: How to Use Social Media, Online Video, Mobile Applications, Blogs, News Releases, and Viral Marketing to Reach Buyers Directly (Paperback)
I can not tell you how disappointed I am that people gave this book a good review. What a waste of time this big boring read was!!! Honestly, if you know nothing about social media, this book could be useful, but if you have ever even logged on to Facebook, Myspace, Twitter or LinkedIn before, you probably could have figured out his "helpful" tips for yourself. This book couldn't be more vague. If you want a book that actually helps you put together a social media strategy for you business, DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS READ!!! I found The Zen of Social Media Marketing extremely more helpful than I found this over-wordy, over-priced, self-praising book.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 6, 2012 1:43:57 PM PDT
Guest says:
see, I'd actually believe you, except that you:

1) only have one review on Amazon?

2) Blatantly plug another book?

This review seems fake to me -- probably by the author or friend of author of the book that's being promoted here?

I'm going to go ahead and buy the book anyway -- while it might not be perfect, it does seem to have some specifics (via the "look inside!") ...I'll also buy the Zen book too....

...and will compare them and post here.

Nonetheless, this review has all the "Red flag" hallmarks for me of a faker.....

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 29, 2012 2:18:22 PM PDT
Did you ever read either of these books? What was your opinion?

Posted on Dec 30, 2012 8:15:57 AM PST
E. Yu says:
I'm about 80 pages in, but I agree. Boring read and not very useful/helpful. I haven't read anything I didn't already know...

Posted on Jan 11, 2013 11:53:23 AM PST
D. J Stine says:
Yes, I agree. A pretty useless book.

Posted on Jan 29, 2013 7:15:54 AM PST
G. Parsons says:
I have this book from the library right now, and absolutely agree with your review. Every time I've forced myself to read it, I can't believe how ridiculously unhelpful the advice is.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 29, 2013 7:39:08 AM PST
Alicia says:
I assure you that my post was not fake. I don't know either of the authors. I read both books and found one helpful and one a big waste of time! Seems ridiculous that you would so admirably bash a review on a book you've never even read.

Your review has all the "Red Flag" hallmarks for me of someone with too much time on their hands.

Posted on Feb 12, 2015 3:41:54 PM PST
Nelson Beads says:
I read the book years ago, and I just don't understand the rave reviews. I found it to be a complete bore. From what I remember, it's mostly about convincing large corporations that they have to enter the social media arena in the 21st century. Very little actionable content. More principle than practice.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›