5.0 out of 5 stars Reviewing Reviews, April 25, 2004
This review is from: GameCube Action Replay (Video Game)
To be perfectly honest, I don't own the Action Replay, though I would like to. I am only reviewing to let the uninformed buyer know that they should ignore the two people who gave the Action Replay a bad review.
This 'christina swan' person I can forgive, as she apparently doesn't know much about game systems. I'll tell you now, a cheat system CAN NOT ruin the game system itself. I own a gameshark for the N64, and I know that the dumbest thing you can do with one of those is to put in a bunch of random characters and hope it's a good code, and even then, the worst you could do was ruin the gameshark itself. If you want my opinion, the kid probably left the Gamecube open too long, letting dust or something get on the laser reader, blocking the laser and rendering the Gamecube unable to read discs. That happened to me before, the guy who did the repairs said that happened a lot with laser-disk based game systems like Gamecube and PS2.
As for the I HATE ACTION REPLAY guy, I'm gonna have to come up with a list for you:
-The codes are a bunch of numbers and letters, it takes you over two hours to put in one code.
*These codes are meant to actually change how the Gamecube reads the game, so you can keep the health meter stuck on full and stuff like that. Can you appreciate how much programming code is used to pull off something like that? Feel lucky you only have to put in a few letters and numbers. And as for the two hours, can you say exaggeration!?! I really doubt it would take even the slowest gamer that long to put in codes. Besides, learn to put a little effort into what you do.
-Codes only give you stuff like infinite lives and extra characters, who in their right mind would want that junk on their game?
*Oh, for the love of... It's a CHEAT SYSTEM. You're supposed to *gasp* CHEAT WITH IT!! Who in their right mind would want that on their game, you ask? Everyone but you, apparently.
-The price is too much.... it should be less.
*It's worth how much it cost the company to make it, plus some for profit. If you don't like it, don't whine to everyone on Amazon about it.
-Also it doesn't work on my super nintendo.
*Oh my...I'm sorry, I didn't know you had mental problems. You see, kid, a system that's made for a Gamecube usually works on a Gamecube, not the Super Nintendo. They're completely different systems, you see.
-Datel can't make cheat systems, they should jump off a bridge.
*I hate to stoop to your level, but here goes:
Considering your arguments, I think the world would be done a much better favor if YOU were to jump off a bridge. A high one. That happens to be over a pile of jagged rocks.
Actully, that felt pretty good. Anyway, last one:
-Don't buy this...instead go by the amazing Etch-A-Sketch.
*Why? If a person is looking for a cheat system, how would a toy drawing pad help them? And, no offence to you Etch-A-Sketch fans, but I don't see what's so amazing about it. Please come up with a decent argument next time.
If anyone wants to argue about this some more, feel free to e-mail or something, especially if you happen to be anything like this I HATE ACTION REPLAY guy. I'm here 'til Thursday. ;-)

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 2, 2007 2:25:20 PM PDT
RIGHT ON!!!! especially the super nintendo... what was he thinking? seriously, Right On!

Posted on Jun 12, 2010 1:01:53 PM PDT
Catalina says:
I had such a good laugh...thank you! :)
Will definitely buy the product.

Posted on Jul 2, 2010 11:02:50 AM PDT
i have to admit those were some pretty awesome replys, def got me laughing. im pretty sure in the description it tells you its for (GAMECUBE) lol. but if your gonna complain about cheating than dont buy it. and no one wants to here about your complaining, well execpt this guy who made all of you sound pretty retarted

Posted on Oct 16, 2011 11:33:27 AM PDT
BigGoomba says:
Hello, while I agree with your message I don't agree with giving this product 5 stars without purchasing it. This product is fine for what it does, but it does not work with the wii, and I know numerous people who told me that this product stopped working on them for no reason after a few weeks / months, and the same happened to me.

Posted on Jan 5, 2012 4:33:16 PM PST
E. Eblin says:
My whole family got a GOOD laugh over your response! It was spot on!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 16, 2013 10:18:06 PM PDT
You do realize a cheat device can ruin a game and a system. It is called codebreaker. You got to pay close attention or beware. I did some crazy stuff on accident with it. Lucky I just had to get a new memory card. Ar max can also mess up your game save. Basically just check your work

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2013 5:03:27 PM PDT
The game is just a disk, dude. A non rewritable one. Nothing gets modified. Same for the console hardware. It just redirects memory addresses. RAM, specifically, which is volatile memory, and goes completely blank when power is removed either way. As per the memory card, well, the card wasn't damaged, but the data on it was. That can, amazingly, be fixed. Reformatting, as it's called.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2013 5:04:56 PM PDT
That's because you got an old non-wii-compatible version. I had one, and it worked for years. Untill I stepped on it.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 14, 2014 11:15:56 AM PST
Mr. T says:
I have the original 2002 Action Replay for the Gamecube with the
64mb card and my Wii console wil not read the disc. Totally agree
with the reviewer, the action replay was meant only for use on a
GAMECUBE system not a SNES, some people are just stupid. His
review gave me a good laugh, spot-on.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.8 out of 5 stars (98 customer reviews)

$49.99 $24.40