9 of 11 people found the following review helpful
I can't recommend this camera,
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: JVC Picsio GC-WP10 Waterproof Pocket Video Camera (Blue) NEWEST VERSION (Electronics)
There's a reason the price has dropped on this this $70 since I bought it less than three months ago: It's not very good, the reviews are tepid and it was overpriced for what you get.
1) It is waterproof.
2) Attractive onscreen interface.
3) Big screen for viewing
1) Short battery life.
2) Touchscreen is problematic. Is the camera recording? Did I touch it hard enough to effect a change?
3) Screen is big, but only a small portion of it is used for monitoring while recording. And even worse, it's virtually impossible to see in bright light. You need to go indoors or find shade to see it while recording or to share those recordings with others. (A common problem, it would seem, with these glossy screens.)
4) Stereo recording, yes, but very low fidelity. Tinny and unappealing.
5) Poor performance in low light. Images get grainy and color fades quickly as the sun goes down.
6) Bulky compared to most flip cameras.
I really wanted to like this camera--spent $199 to get it last October. Then I sold it for $50 less a few weeks later on ebay. I don't know what the other waterproof flip cameras are like, but this one needs some serious work. Sorry JVC.