13 of 13 people found the following review helpful
Everything I Wanted,
This review is from: Tissot Men's T17152652 PRC 200 Watch (Watch)
I'm usually apprehensive about buying something that I have never physically seen or touched before, but something about the Tissot PRC200 made me decide to go ahead and order one.
- The watch stands out, having worn it daily since I purchased it through Amazon I have received nothing but compliments. One of my friends having seen the watch has now ordered one for himself.
- Its everything a Swiss made watch should be, the movement is quartz and not mechanical but I find that I don't have to worry about winding it or wearing it all the time to keep it running.
- The strap is made out of leather and looks expensive,
- Most importantly the glass is not mineral or plastic found on most watches in this price range, its made out of sapphire crystal which is only reserved for higher end watches like IWC, Omega, Tag and Rolex to name a few. This means that it is very hard to scratch and will make for easy view-ability.
- The contrasting yellow markers look subtile but sporty.
- I like the polished steel on the watch, however some may not its really a matter of personal choice.
Some Potential Drawbacks:
- This watch has a Swiss Quartz movement, not a mechanical one. Now this may be a drawback for some watch enthusiasts but you wont have to have it serviced. Only a simple battery change would be necessary.
- Others may not like the leather strap.
- The watch is somewhat thick, not as thick as some other watches on the market.
Overall, I think for the price this watch its a steal. I also own a Rolex Submariner and I can tell you that these Swiss watches are very fine time pieces, if your a collector or just someone that wants a stylish watch to wear I highly recommend that you visit your Tissot dealer or watch retailer and have a look.