3.0 out of 5 stars It's not Fable as it used to be, October 11, 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Fable: The Journey - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I haven't beat the game yet so I can just talk about what I've played so far. Since it is a Kinect game it is way-way more limited than a regular game. Basically what you do is ride a horse, stop to rest (clean, feed, give water to the horse), fight here and there, go back to the horse. Ride the horse is more fun than fight, since it is not very accurate - actually my husband is playing and yelling at the game right now - so if the targets are far, its quite hard to hit them. Once they get pretty much in front of you you can kill them. And it is pretty easy to kill.
The story hasn't been that interesting either. A young man (you do not have the option of choosing a character) that eventually meets Teresa and go on from there.
The first Fable I played was the third one, so I wasn't disappointed at it at all. Actually that made me buy Fable 2, and when I eventually bought Fable (the original one) it wasn't very fun as the graphics were quite old. So the fun about playing Fable is you making your choices, having plenty quests to do as you desire and making your own path. This Fable isn't that at all, so I do not like playing it. The only option you have is what you are going to upgrade and there are not many options. The chests are stupid. All you get is cards from stuff you've seen at the other Fables - A card of a pie, a dog ball, a gargoyle... So far I haven't seen a use to them.
The balls [I am sorry, don't know how to call those things you get that gives you experience (red, green and blue)] you just get them on the road and there's no difference. They all go towards the same thing that lets you upgrade something. The only difference is that according to the color you need a different speed from your horse to pick them. So that's another thing kind of stupid.
About people complaining of getting tired... Sorry to tell but it is a kinect game, so you have to use YOUR BODY to play. And actually you can play sitting, so that's a good thing. If I compare with the game it comes when you buy the Kinect, I play that for 5 minuted and I am dying, Fable Journey you can play for half an hour and you should be ok. And I do not do any exercise so no excuses.
My final point is: If you want to try it, go ahead and play it. But I am not sure if it's worth 50 dollars. Maybe you could just find a way to rent, have it for a couple of weeks and be done with it. I feel like I wasted way more than its worth it and I am already considering to sell it. Or maybe the game will get so many bad reviews that the price will go down pretty soon...

[Add comment]