91 of 106 people found the following review helpful
Good Player For The Money!,
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Sylvania SDVD7027 7-Inch Portable DVD Player with Car Bag/Kit, Swivel Screen, USB/SD Card Reader (Purple) (Electronics)
We bought this player after much research and store hopping in hopes that it would keep our 4 children happy during a 14 hour car trip. It did the trick! And after 8 months of use it still works!
1. Price - at $75 (including tax), it was the best deal I could find for a quality player.
2. Swivel Screen/Folding Screen - very helpful for children to be able to see/hear/remove the temptation to touch buttons.
1. The car bag kit is TERRIBLE! Very flimsy: I used a couple of velcro straps to help secure it to the seat. The bag is just a carry case for the player and accessories. If you don't have it secured, the player will bounce out and has several times!
2. Sound - but I cured that by plugging in a tape adapter into the headphone jack to play over the van speakers. If you are using the player in a quiet area or with headphones, it's fine, but road noise will drown out the little speakers on the actual player.
3. The Car/Aux Power Cord is cheap! The cord is way too short (2' long) and it come apart at the plug in on the dvd player side. After 7 months, the cord broke, so I spent $20 at Radio Shack for a new cord & adapter (8' long), so I've paid 1/4 the price of the player to get a better cord! The cables could stand to be a little longer and it should come equipped with an actual RCA male cable (it came with female cable.
1. Battery Life is almost 2 hours when fully charged.
2. Picture quality is fine - it's only a 7 inch screen, so choose full screen formatting.
3. The remote is fine, but no volume control (that's on the actual player).
This is a must have for long car rides with children!
Tracked by 1 customer
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 12, 2014 11:20:29 AM PDT
Richard Boyer says:
ty for this post, I need something for grandson while camping or taking him with on fishing trips. But If we are camping and the battery life is only 2 hours, I am going to have a very angry kid on my hands. I wonder if there is a battery you can put in it that would last longer than 2 hours?.
In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2014 11:51:08 AM PDT
There are no extra batteries to install in it that I know of. If you find out how to replace it, let me know. We only use it in our van.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›