4.0 out of 5 stars Overall good product, minor flaws, March 6, 2012
This review is from: LG Cinema Screen 47LM6700 47-Inch Cinema 3D 1080p 60Hz TruMotion LED-LCD HDTV with Smart TV and Six Pairs of 3D Glasses (2012 Model) (Electronics)
I can't say for the speakers on this set (I use an external system and the built in ones have never been used), so other people talking about it being muffled, I can't say.

What I can say is the picture quality is wonderful. This TV is light, good quality picture, Passive 3D (big for me), and has no noticeable delay when gaming.

Some problems, to get the PQ so good, they went with a glossy screen (seems to be somewhat the norm now) and this causes some reflections, but nothing too bad.

The remote took some getting used to, but I have a universal remote if I just need to switch inputs. The remote it comes with is great in my opinion for navigating the menus and store, etc. It does a good job.
One minor annoyance, if you move the remote a bit (move the table it's on, drop it, knock it off the couch, etc) it makes the cursor appear for a few seconds. This happened when watching netflix, but nothing too bad.

The reason I gave it 4 stars is the netflix and hulu apps work well, but have this weird glitch that would happen every 5 minutes where it looks like it just panics and shows a lot of random cached pixels. I'm hoping this is a software issue that can be fixed.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 6, 2012 7:32:43 PM PST
Meshal says:
do you know what's the input lag on the tv?

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 9:16:50 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 6, 2012 9:17:38 PM PST

Posted on Mar 7, 2012 7:27:11 AM PST
A. Person says:
I bet that issue will be fixed with an update. Hopefully.

That muffled sound went away for me for some reason.

Like I said I am technically using the 7600, but I would assume input lag is about the same and for me it's really bad. But overall I do agree the PQ is good. I just can't get the colors accurate yet and for that it would be very difficult until a professional releases some settings. Too many thigns to change in the color system for me to figure out easily.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2012 7:30:18 AM PST
koty183 says:
I got it read at 2ms with TruMotion off and 5ms with it on.
don't know how accurate it is, and I can't test since I got the 7600 now (free upgrade)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2012 7:30:35 AM PST
koty183 says:
I have a PS3, so I don't need to spend the $50 :)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2012 7:32:06 AM PST
koty183 says:
I have the 7600 now as well, and I found that by turning off TruMotion, the input lag was minimal (Easiest way to get RealCinema and TruMotion off is to set the picture to 'Game')

Posted on Mar 7, 2012 3:31:33 PM PST
A. Person says:
yeah, but I did set it to game and then even turned off that super resolution and whatever else I could find to turn off and it was still emasuring large lag in rock band 3. For some reason the audio lag was farrrrrrr worse than video lag and on all other tvs I try the video lag is much worse than audio lag. Not sure what's up. Maybe I overlooked some audio settings to turn fof.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2012 10:23:10 AM PST
When you played videogames with the 6700, which games did you play? am very interested on your response, because i have a ps3 and most of my games ar first person shooters (battlefield 3, resistance 3...) and i dont want to buy this tv and then realize i cant play FPS games on it because of the input lag (video or sound). Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2012 11:01:45 AM PST
koty183 says:
I played a lot of Uncharted 3, Assassins Creed: Revelations and Shadow of the colossus (in 3D) and in 2D, played AC:R, AC:BH, Mortal Kombat, and Rock Band.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2012 10:42:50 AM PDT
RaceK2 says:
Very interested to hear more about where you got your upgrade.. I noticed that Amazon is discounting their MSRP, is that what you were referring to or did you get yours at a brick&mortar store?
-Thanks