1.0 out of 5 stars Commercials. Are you f-ing serious?!, September 25, 2013
This review is from: Sons of Anarchy Season 6 [HD] (Amazon Instant Video)
$3 an episode in HD and I have to watch commercials!? WTH, Amazon. You need to amend your licensing agreement with FX and fix this nonsense with a quickness. It's a total rip-off and detrimental to both of your brands.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 25, 2013 4:26:00 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 25, 2013 4:26:18 PM PDT
Matthew JNS says:
Because of the commercials I was able to get a refund for the first two episodes of the season. And then I cancelled my TV Pass.

I thought the content was OK enough that I would have kept purchasing episodes, but I wanted to send a message to Amazon and FX that this is not acceptable.

If you want to try to get a refund, make sure to note on your request that the homepage for "Amazon Instant Video: TV" states the following: "Watch TV Online, Instantly and Commercial-Free."

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2013 6:25:24 PM PDT
SallySaysSo says:
I love SOA and I fully support it, too. But, running commercials is double-dipping, so thanks for the tip!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2013 9:42:47 PM PDT
phnx55mn says:

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2013 1:18:11 PM PDT
SallySaysSo says:
@phnx55mn: Your opinion is irrelevant in this case, friend. Amazon's TOS for online TV states "Watch TV Online, Instantly and Commercial-Free". I pay a premium to enjoy that feature and I expect to get what I pay for. End of story.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2013 10:26:03 PM PDT
phnx55mn says:

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2013 6:05:01 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 28, 2013 11:44:58 AM PDT
SallySaysSo says:
Yes, how silly of me to be concerned with a measly pittance of $3. I'll just sit here quietly like a good little consumer and be grateful for what I get. BILLION DOLLAR companies don't need to be held to their word. Thanks @phnx55mn!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 9, 2013 3:23:32 AM PDT
blue1717 says:
Matthew, do you recall where the "Watch TV OnLine, instantly and commercial-free" claim was located on the home page? I can't find it now (and I have to wonder if simply deleting that claim was the way the "Development Team" resolved the issue?). Anyway, good for you for making a stand! I'm glad you got a refund; it's too bad that a number of commentators here seemed to miss the point, focusing on the relatively minor amount of money involved rather than the broken promise.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 9, 2013 3:51:31 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 9, 2013 3:52:42 AM PDT
blue1717 says:
I imagine the First Amendment does indeed cover the "right to self promotion," but that does not negate the responsibility of adhering to the truth in one's advertising. The price of the product is immaterial; the source of the commercials also has no bearing on this argument. FX has aired some great, gutsy, highly entertaining shows, many of which I am very willing to pay to view. That's why I purchased the Amazon TV pass for SOA. But "commercial free" means no commercials.
phnx55mn, I'm not sure what you mean by "infringement doesn't come with options," but in this case Amazon is infringing upon me by not honoring the contract we entered together. If there is any "tyranny" involved, it is not coming from the folks protesting the commercials; we are simply asking that the product we've paid for be delivered as promised.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2013 8:27:54 PM PDT
brian says:
i dont understand everyone bitching about commercials because i havent seen one commercial and ive watched all of season 5 and every episode of season 6 with no commercials

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2013 7:41:03 PM PDT
SallySaysSo says:
It just started with the current season. The previews of other shows on FX shown at the beginning? Those are commercials. No commercials means: title credits, show plays, end credits - no interruptions.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.7 out of 5 stars (3,254 customer reviews)
 (2,790)