2.0 out of 5 stars Do not waste your money, April 19, 2010
This review is from: FlipShare TV (Electronics)
First the good news.

I was able to set this system up and start watching videos in less than 30 minutes. (15 of those minutes was spent running to radio Shack to buy a HDMI cable.)
The video quality and sound were outstanding.

Now the bad.

The receiver cannot be more then 7 feet from USB fob. If you are using a laptop, in the same room, you will be beyond pleased at the results. If your desk top is in another room, forget it.
As other reviewers have stated, why on earth would a company make such a low powered system? Additionally, the cost for the,not included, HDMI cable is outrageous. And, if you need to share a single HDMI slot you'll need an HDMI splitter. The splitter and two cables cost almost as much as the device that won't work from my desktop.
It's going back

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 29, 2010 3:38:56 AM PDT
Ron says:
I haven't received my device yet, and please do not think I am being rude, but there are 2 reviews that gave this device 1 or 2 stars for pretty much the same reasons. Essentially, it sounds like the system was setup easily, and the video quality was great, but there was anger over the fact that an HDMI cable is not provided (and in your case you didn't have an available HDMI port and needed a splitter) and finally the issue with the USB stick needing clear line of sight. It says right on the main product page that it comes with AV cables, and does not mention an HDMI cable at all so I do not see how you can fault the device for that or the fact that you were out of HDMI ports. It would be like faulting a carmaker for not including a Navigation system for free even though it wasn't on the invoice. As far as the USB stick goes, as I mentioned, I have not gotten it yet, and I've been in Information Technology for 28 years, so I don't know if it uses one of the Wireless LAN protocols (which should have good range) or bluetooth (like the the wireless earpiece you get for your cellphone). Bluetooth has a much shorter range (I believe 30 ft. max) and I would bet that's in a 'clear' room, so that may be the problem, and I'll post another comment when I get mine about my experience. I understand being upset with that aspect of the device if it works as you say. Also, keep in mind that there are different release levels of USB and Bluetooth and Wireless on your PC, so that could have an effect. Also, the drivers that come with the device may have updated versions out there. Again, I hope I didn't insult you at all, as it was not my intent. I just get upset when I see some of the reasons that a good product is rated ONE or TWO stars, when a good deal of the problem has nothing to do with the actual device, but a misunderstanding on the purchaser. I may be a computer expert, but if I purchased auto mechanics tools and then had problems working on my car, I wouldn't blame it all on the tools --- and that has actually happened to me ;)

Best of luck with the device though

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2010 9:07:21 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 9, 2010 11:53:24 AM PDT
Chas says:
Hey Ron,

Maybe I should have been a little more direct so that any "COMPUTER EXPERT" can understand what I was trying to detail.

Buying the splitter wasn't a deal breaker.
Buying the HDMI cable wasn't a deal breaker.
Relocating my desktop to the living room so the low powered usb device could reach my TV "THAT WAS THE DEAL BREAKER"

You mention that you get upset when a good product gets one or two stars because us "NON COMPUTER EXPERTS" misunderstood. But yet you haven't received the product but you couldn't wait to pounce to comment on someone who has.

Being a "NON COMPUTER EXPERT" I expect it to work out of the box. I really don't care what protocol it uses (And yes I did check for updates).

Would you keep your new car if the air conditioning didn't reach your back seat? Or should it be the buyers responsibility to ensure that the fan has adequate CFM's?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2010 1:31:59 PM PDT
John Valadez says:
Touché

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 26, 2011 3:09:12 PM PST
jbwam says:
Ron, in another post, you said you would let us know about your experience. So, how did it go?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.1 out of 5 stars (11 customer reviews)

$149.00 $34.90