5.0 out of 5 stars Best bag for the frequent business traveler, October 9, 2010
This review is from: Traveler's Choice 22-Inch Hybrid Rolling Carry-on/Garment Bag (Apparel)
My wife found this bag for me after I started complaining about having to bring one roller bag and one garment bag on my frequent trips. This bag is perfect for the traveler than needs to bring a sports coat a few other items that usually require a garment bag as well as the typical clothing one takes on a trip. I usually fill this bag with 1-2 sports coats, 2 button down shirts and 2 pairs of pants on the garment bag side. On the other side I have 4 t-shirts, a set of workout clothes, work out shoes, dress shoes etc. Perfect for 2-3 days of travel during the week. Best part of this is that I've taken the bag on several types of planes (757, 767, MD-80/88 (both the 2 and 3 seat sides), A319/320, DC-9(both 2 and 3 seat sides) and it fits in the overhead compartment perfectly. The only plane I think you wouldn't be able to fit them in the overhead would be the smaller CRJs on the regional hops. Anyone who is looking to consolidate their garment bag and roller bag into a single carry-on this is the bag to get.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 26, 2012 12:57:23 AM PDT
Dr. S. says:
Thanks for your review. Your detailed description of what you packed and how it fits all those items is exactly what I needed to know. Also, your description of how it fits in the overhead compartments of most planes was extremely helpful. Great review. Thanks again.

Posted on Apr 16, 2013 9:00:14 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 16, 2013 9:02:39 PM PDT
I bought this bag because of the great reviews from several of my friends and family, other pruchasers. The big fact that it was a carry on so I would not need to check and spend the luggage fee, so I thought.
Used this for two previous trips no problem with TSA, until I tried to carry it on a flight from San Fransisco to Atlanta, today. It does not meet the TSA reuirement and does not fit in the luggage rack that is the scale for bags to be carry on. This being the case I feel this bag is a falsely advertised, it does not meet the perameters of a carry on bag per TSA. I did not use the expandable extra inch because I was concerned it may be to wide. So this bag has now cost me $35 to check becasue it was considered my second bag.
Still love the bag, however you take a chance if TSA is measuring this bag you will have to check it.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 17, 2013 9:50:16 AM PDT
I've never had any TSA Agent attempt to measure my bag prior to boarding. Where did this happen, at security or at the gate? I typically fly Delta and board in Zone 1 and never had any issue bring this bag on as a carry-on. On SFO-ATL non-stop you are looking at a larger plane too so it should fit in all overheads. I've seen bags even larger than this one put up in the overhead and not one person stopped them from doing so unless it didn't physically fit in the overhead.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2014 1:02:56 PM PST
Jaime Soltys says:
My gf flies out of SFO with this bag all the time, as well, and has never been denied carry-on status...perhaps it was an anomaly?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 21, 2014 12:27:47 PM PDT
Way2Rich says:
Just want to clarify some misinformation in this post about carry-on bags:
1) The TSA doesn't care about carry-on sizes, only what's in your carry on.
2) The major airlines reduced the dimensions of allowable carry-ons by a third to 22 long by 14 wide by 9 inches, which is too small for many carry-on bags to fit. I checked United, Continental (now part of United) American and Delta, and they all have adopted these dimensions. Why? Maybe because they also all charge $25 for the FIRST checked bag. I don't know.
3) Alaska, Southwest and JetBlue (and possibly other non-majors that I didn't check) continue to have more generous carry-on policies. Alaska's is the most generous at 24 x 17 x 10 inches deep, which is big enough for this bag to qualify as a carry-on even with the most persnickety gate agents.

I'd suggest writing an angry letter to the major airlines, copying the FAA, complaining about their carry-on policy and their decision to shrink permissible volume by 34%. These guys are reporting profits in the billions based entirely on making flying less convenient, less comfortable and more expensive. Copy to FACEBOOK if you agree!
Addresses below:

Jeff Smisek
Chief Executive Officer
United Continental Holdings, Inc.
233 South Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60606

Doug Parker
Chief Executive Officer
American Airlines Group Inc.
4333 Amon Carter Boulevard