28 of 32 people found the following review helpful
Comprehensive Kindle Fire Guide/Manual,
This review is from: My Kindle Fire (Paperback)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
First, let me point out the size of this outstanding Kindle Fire reference book (6"x 9"x 1/2"). My Kindle Fire by Jim Cheshire, published by Que, does indeed cover everything about the Fire. This is a quality book, with slick pages, color coded chapters, outstanding visuals and step-by-step simple, easy to follow instructions highlighted with a light blue background. The book covers every conceivable detail about the Fire, including, but not limited to:
1. Coverage of "Calibre" - an app for managing your eBook library from a Mac or a Personal Computer - Free!
2. Step-by-step walk thorough show you how to manage playlists.
3. How to use the "Cloud" playlists
4. The book shows you how to access files and stuff from the Fire on your PCs or Macs
5. Detailed instructions and visuals on setting up all accounts, reading, sending emails - plus importing contacts (Applications or Cloud) and sending attachments.
6. Copying and pasting stuff.
7. For those into social networking stuff it explains how to use integration with Facebook et al.
There are so many things you can do with the Fire that are explained in the book (i.e. browsing with Silk, Amazon's Manage Your Kindle) I was not aware of until reading/ configuring/using the guide - a must have, highly recommended reference for Fire users at all levels