5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Reminder of the Joy in Raising Twins, February 19, 2010
This review is from: Chicken Soup for the Soul: Twins and More: 101 Stories Celebrating Double Trouble and Multiple Blessings (Paperback)
My goodness! I had no idea that I had written this book! But as a mother of twins I could definitely say that so many of the experiences, joys and obstacles relayed throughout the stores in Twins and More haveoccurred in my own home.

This has to be my favorite Chicken Soup Book to date. Yes, I know I have a new favorite quite often but that is just a wonderful testament to the great Chicken Soup for theSoul Concept.

The Twins and More covers such topics as Expecting Multiples, Sleep Deprivation, Seeing Double, A Special bond, Twin Trials, It's Triplets, Grand parenting Twins, A Different Path to Parenthood, Double Trouble, Double Fun and Lessons Learned.

I think it is telling that the last section is Lessons Learned because as the mom of identical 6 1/2 year twins I can tell you, quite honestly, that I don't realize that "I" have learned the lesson until almost the end anyway!

I am most grateful that Twins and More reminded me of how beautiful and valuable the gift of being a twin is for my daughters. As a mom... you get so busy in the mundane and the routine of daily life that you forget to stop and see that right before you there are two beautiful little beings that God created. Yes, they might be coloring your white walls in bright red and pink flowers at the time you realize this but what a blessing anyway.

I enjoyed the openness that mothers, fathers, grandparents and siblings had in sharing their life and stories with multiples. It was an eye-opener, a reminder and tummy tickler all in one. If you know a family that has or is having twins pick up a copy of Twins and More...give them a smile...they'll need it...because raising multiples is definitely a joy and a challenge.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]