1.0 out of 5 stars Beginners Beware..., November 17, 2009
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2010 - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
I was searching Amazon for a fitness game for Wii and came across Jillian Michael's Fitness Ultimatum. I had not yet read the reviews on previous versions and didn't know how bad they were. I watched the teaser video and my first impression was that this was the game I needed. Jillian appeared to be very motivational. I ordered the game and when it arrived I immediately tried it out.

It didn't seem to bad and I set up my fitness challenge for the next day. I wanted to work on my core and abs so I set up both areas. I thought that I could do one in the morning and one in the afternoon. I was wrong. Once you start the challenge you are stuck doing both parts; even if you don't have enough time. If you try end it after you do the first one, it doesn't save your data and you're stuck re-doing it.

To make matters worse, this game is not for beginners. The sit-ups are excruciatingly hard and there is no option to put in if you're a beginner or not. I thought I was going to die when Jillian asked me to do 90 sit-ups in one go (I've never been able to do maybe more than 10 or so in one shot and not at the difficulty she posed).

I did not find this game to be fun and didn't want to play it again. Luckily, my Biggest Loser game for Wii arrived and so I'm not completely stuck without fitness.

If you're a beginner, I would not recommend this game. It appears to be more for people who already have a fitness regime and are in shape.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 2, 2009 6:18:53 PM PST
Ginny says:
This is Jillian Michaels we're talking about. Do you honestly expect it to be fun and games? You HAVE watched the show, right? I don't know any contestant that could make it through one of her workouts right off the bat. Why should her video game be any different?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2009 7:51:32 PM PST
N. Mungar says:
I didn't expect it to be all fun and games but, at least, do-able. No I didn't watch the show so I had no idea who she was or what she is like when I got the game.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2009 11:35:29 AM PST
Yea, I wouldn't expect anything less than difficult for a Jillian Michaels video. She's one tough cookie.

Posted on Dec 12, 2009 11:14:38 AM PST
bookworm says:
I agree - it is not fun like wii fit. Jillian does a terrific job in wanting to get you in shape. If you are a beginner this is the game to get because you will be challenged by her. If you can only run 1 lap, just do that and then do 2 and so on. I like to challenge myself to become more fit. I have had this game for 2 months (bought it the first day it came out) and my fitness level has improved. Keep at it - don't get discouraged.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2009 4:56:54 PM PST
MLA says:
excellent, non-judgmental advice/response. i almost passed but will reconsider now. altogether lovely having different view points. thx
‹ Previous 1 Next ›