1.0 out of 5 stars HORRIBLE!! Do not rent this piece of crap, December 1, 2012
This review is from: Lawless (Amazon Instant Video)
Deserves NO STARS!

Lazy, cliched, boring and unintelligible. This is a ponderous piece of dreck and I don't understand how anyone can like this movie.

I actually want my $5 back.

Second, it moves at a snails pace with movie of the week dialogue with a tacked on insipid love story.

Listen to me.... don't rent or buy this. Don't watch it on cable. Ignore it. There are so many more things you can do in an hour and fifty five minutes. Take a walk, go see a better movie, read a book, make love, call a relative, take a day trip, feed the homeless, visit a park. DO ANYTHING ELSE but don't spend your time with this.

As for all the positive reviews - Emperor's New Clothes. Those poor souls got got and had the wool pulled over their heads.

As Tom Hardy says in this movie, "goeavnoanoeaonaa aovaoea aoveaoe, go'on get"

Garbage!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 2, 2012 4:41:43 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 2, 2012 4:43:34 PM PST
KatieHepburn says:
Haven't seen it yet, but thanks for at least saying why you didn't like it. Certainly makes your review have more value. AND, rotflmao at your description, as well as your options! Thanks for making my day (had to give you a vote for that)...

Kathryne

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 1:32:19 PM PST
B. Malin says:
Kathryne,

I would recommend watching it for yourself as the review is almost 100% incorrect.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 2:19:04 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 4, 2012 2:19:25 PM PST
KatieHepburn says:
I fully intend to watch it. Since I write reviews, I read them. There are so many bad review in which the writer scuttles the movie without saying why. I appreciate the character and humor of this reviewer, as well as the fact that he gave basic reasoning. Altogether, felt he deserved a point.

I definitely will be watching this movie, though, in order to have my own viewpoint. Thanks for your opinion.

Respectfully, Kathryne

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 11:45:44 AM PST
but but but... the only reason I wanna watch it ..is because of Tom Hardy..

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 11:57:30 AM PST
KatieHepburn says:
I watched it, I loved it. Being from a town of 75, out in the toolies, I understood every word...

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 11:01:29 PM PST
D. McClure says:
I had no problem understanding what they're saying. That being said, I'm from where this movie took place and the actors came and talked to/recorded people in our area speaking just so they could get the accent. IMO, it made the film more accurate.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 10:24:18 AM PST
KatieHepburn says:
I totally agree with you. I was responding only to what the review had to say:

"First and foremost, you can't understand a damn word that anyone says and bang up job not having any captions Amazon! The cast mumbles and whispers as they lumber around waiting for the next set piece."

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 8:24:15 PM PST
drm777 says:
This is one of the better movies I've seen in awhile.

Posted on Jan 19, 2013 11:53:07 AM PST
J. G. Evans says:
I liked this movie enough that I'll probably buy it. And I understood every word that was said, but I'm from Oklahoma so the accent wasn't hard to follow.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.1 out of 5 stars (1,147 customer reviews)

Add to wishlist