Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Andra Day Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Disney Infinity 3.0 Big Savings in the Amazon Fall Sportsman Event Deal of the Day

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure destruction and adrenaline., May 3, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Motorstorm Apocalypse (Video Game)
I got this game today and when i started playing festival mode, it was a complete fun and destruction. Graphics are awesome even with so much going on the frame rate is just smooth. I've played about 2 hours in rookie campaign and it kept getting more challenging. The comic scenes just give the fun moments in the game and it makes a nice mood. There is a feature they added in the game which you can take photos in campaign mode while you playing which is sweet. The physics are terrific same as the AI. I don't know if there is the same feature in online mode because psn stills down. If you buy this game which i recommend it will be lots of fun...I changed my mind, i don't know if i have one after playing this game. I passed the rookie mode and the i got to the pro mode in the festival which is soo effin difficult. I'm stuck on a track that is impossible to win. I have a supermini which doesn't help at all. The developers exaggerated the game difficulty, let me tell you I'm not a child so you know that i can handle any game except this ridiculous hard game. I'll be surprise if the own developers won't be able to beat this game. I think IGN was right about the difficulty of this game.(it will make you throw your controller away). I hope there is an update to fix the difficulty. I still recommend this game because has epic graphics and full of adrenaline except for festival in pro mode which is PURE FRUSTRATION.

Multiplayer....(PSN is down:(

Graphics-9.7/10
Gameplay-9/10
Physics-9.5/10
Sound and music 10/10

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 3, 2011 1:42:55 PM PDT
Thanks for the Review , at least the first one posted for this game being Released today was a Positive one which it deserves , depending on your preference for Combat Car Racing, though I dunno why you said that the Feature of taking Photo's of your cars in the campaign was new though because that photo taking feature was introduced in the last game of Motorstorm: Pacific Rift, unless your talking about how they actually involve the Photo feature with the Campaign rather then just people figuring out that there is a Photo feature when they'd Pause the game and see it in the menu infront of them as an option, so... if your meaning its new in that sense because they actually incorporate the feature into... the campaign then ok but none the less its not a new Feature is all, that's all , but thanks for the Review ~ PSN ID~ AquaGuy84.

Posted on May 3, 2011 3:10:15 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 3, 2011 3:11:56 PM PDT
Yeah the game is Nice. I got mine from Amazon.com today also. I like the graphics and tight controls. I would give it a 9.5 it is Split >> Second on Steroids. I like the Ram feature that is used to push near by vehicles (left or right) off the road or into walls and the notification after you destroy someones vehicle, reminds me of Burnout. The only negative thing I see about the game is the fact it can't be played online because as of 5/03/11 the PSN is still down :o( Oh Xbox Live Gamer Tag and PSN ID: Flowingwind (whenever the PSN maintenance, I mean PSN Security Update is finished).

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2011 5:59:01 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 4, 2012 8:56:50 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2011 6:29:58 PM PDT
lazyturtle says:
Yeah i mean is my first game in the series and none of the other racing games i have own that special feature. I'm going to add you in psn once it goes up.:)

Posted on May 4, 2011 9:30:44 AM PDT
@Travis: I been playing this game for a couple weeks after getting it from an Hong Kong seller and I would say that the difficulty is consistent with that of Pacific Rift. You will crash often at first, but eventually you will learn the tracks and the routes. I finished the campaign in a couple days, and had every race but one gold-starred within a week of 1-2 hours/day playing. (FYI, the race I haven't yet gold-starred in the Veteran-level Boardwalk course where you're driving a chopper.) Even more so than the other Motorstorms, I would say it's essential to play the game in cockpit view rather than behind the car. The Upper Bohemia course when driving a Mini Cooper is also extremely challenging. Great game... can't wait for the online to come back up.

Posted on May 4, 2011 6:54:01 PM PDT
profesh says:
i 100% agree with this review. Motorstorm is one of my favorite games on PS3. was not a huge fan of Pacific Rift but Apocalypse definitely brought it back for me. 3D is Amazing! possibly the best 3D i have experienced yet, movies and games. can't wait for PSN to come back up, online will be beast...

Posted on May 7, 2011 12:46:11 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 7, 2011 12:48:33 AM PDT
brandon says:
I just finished the game on the festival.Awesome.At first It did not seem like much of a challenge but when your toward the end of professional it gets hard.I had trouble beating the driver out of the city.I think his name was muerte or something like that.I like the explosions and buildings collapsing,tornadoes,rain,lightning and airplanes crashing.I think my favorite race is falling down on veteran racing.some of the races it takes awhile to catch up to the 3rd place driver.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2011 11:08:44 PM PDT
Jason says:
I think the difficulty in this game is fine and I got so bored and yet frustrated at Pacific Rift (still love it for what it does well) that I kinda stopped playing 70% of the way through. However in Apocalypse the difficulty and frustration is lessened because the tracks and opponents while many times can be unfair and frustrating, if you race a few times and get to know the track you can often figure out how to beat the opponents and the track. I think the pure sense of adrenaline and speed of this game made the frustration less maddening in my opinion.

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2011 3:34:40 PM PDT
brandon says:
I beat pacific rift.not much of an ending.Just got all the points I needed and it only showed the credits.some tracks i passed on the last second.It might of took me over 40 hours to beat.I traded it in after i finished it.

Posted on Sep 20, 2014 7:33:18 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 20, 2014 7:36:15 AM PDT
"Not a child", eh? The fact you have to point that out coupled with your amateurish writing and horrible grammar & punctuation tells a different story. I'm guessing you're in your mid to upper teens & getting C's & D's in English.

As for the game, so far as my experience is concerned, all the Motorstorm games are impossibly difficult regardless of difficulty level or the player's skill level. I do appreciate the heads-up on this one. I was pondering a purchase in the hopes they'd listened to the players. Evidently not. Thanks for the review!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›