1.0 out of 5 stars Sucktacular -- It is literally, falling apart, May 12, 2008
This review is from: Kettler Kettrike Air Happy Tricycle (Toy)
This was given to my son as a gift and my husband and I are truly unhappy with the item. It had such a promising look and feel with parts being heavy metal and colored brightly. Here are the issues:

1) the assembly was a nightmare -- I am not inexperienced in putting together furniture nor toys and the directions as mentioned in other reviews, needs some serious improvement;

2) I could have dealt with the bad instructions and just chalk it up to the usual, "assembly required", experience that everyone has faced at some point, however, the fact that it came to us damaged was another issue. The damage was not debilitating but it had an impact; the right wheel pin was crooked so the alignment while riding veers somewhat. We can live with that;

3) 2 of 3 wheels including the front have fallen off. The tension clips popped off for the side one which I repaired using a paperclip while the front wheel fell right off after a ride. I suspect that the nut/clamp holding the stem got stripped because prior to this the wheel was unable to be used for steering so it was in parent push mode the whole time;

4) The bell ringer that came with trike literally broke after one day. The break was in the plastic clamp that attaches the bell to the trike.

This is the first time I have REAMED a product like this but for the amount of money I expected so much more then sub-standard parts and product. My son's cheaply done, Thomas trike was better made and functional than this.

In essence, do not get this trike unless you are sure you can return it painlessly. Since we got it as a gift from distant relatives we are stuck with it. What kills me is that my son really wants to ride the thing and cries every time it breaks. We have hidden it away so he can't see the thing. This weekend we are planning to rebuild the thing and give it one more shot.

[Add comment]