4.0 out of 5 stars Brighter than expected (updated), March 22, 2012
This review is from: Sunforce 82156 60 LED Solar Motion Light (Automotive)
I mounted one of these above my front door to light up the stoop at night, and one inside my 8x12 shed. They work great in both locations. Construction is sturdy, but the light only moves up and down and not right to left, so mounting options are indeed limited. I've had them up and running for about a week and so far so good. They are brighter than I was expecting.

Update (March 22, 2012): these have been going strong for almost a year now. The one on my front porch works like a champ, and the one in my shed is bright enough to illuminate the entire 8x12 space. For the money, these are a great bargain. Changed from 4 to 5 stars.

Update (Nov 6, 2013): they are still working as great as the first day I installed them!

Update (July 6, 2014): one reviewer out here lists steps for modifying these to keep moisture out. Do that if you must, but mine are both exposed to the full force of South Dakota Summers and Winters and neither have failed. The one in my shed gets plenty hot and still works great. I have not modified either unit and they are happily illuminating my porch and shed. Well worth the $$$ in my opinion.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 5, 2013 6:57:43 AM PST
Joe Gleason says:
That's awesome to upgrade a rating after a year... Nice to find something that is worthy of that... thanks for sharing

Posted on May 3, 2013 11:57:13 AM PDT
Does it stay on as long as there is movement?

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2013 2:04:06 PM PDT
Dave says:
For the most part, there is usually a really quick flicker of the light.

Posted on Nov 6, 2013 3:15:08 AM PST
Keep those updates coming. This is a great survey of longevity.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2013 7:41:10 AM PST
Dave says:
11-6-2013 Yeah, the one in the shed doesn't get used much but it popped right on last night when I went out to retrieve a snow shovel. And the one on the stoop is used daily, still works as good as it did on day one. I'm considering buying two more for the back door on my garage and one over the driveway.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 8, 2014 10:54:12 AM PST
J. Foley says:
Thank you for the continued updates. We're looking at one of these for the inside of our shed. Have you seen any moisture issues on the solar panel? Did you do anything to protect it (this was mentioned in another review http://www.amazon.com/review/R18H5FU1T85MS/ref=cm_cr_dp_title?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B0052SF0LO&nodeID=15684181&store=automotive)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2014 9:33:51 AM PST
Dave says:
Nope, just followed the instructions. One is mounted above the front door on the South side of my house, and is fairly protected. The other, purchased at the same time, is mounted on the South side of my shed about 6' off the ground and is exposed fully to the the elements. I haven't had any problems. I can't speak for others, but mine work great.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.9 out of 5 stars (1,755 customer reviews)

$49.99 $35.29