5.0 out of 5 stars Now With Auto Focus!, January 7, 2013
I loved the original one but the issues surrounding the AF performance kept me from doing anything other than playing with other peoples. Here is to hoping the new system will be worth-wile!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 9, 2013 8:27:36 AM PST
R. D. Swords says:
I have the original X100, and none of the hype surrounding the autofocus is as much of a problem as people sometimes make it out to be. It also noticeably improved through successive firmware updates. The X100 takes the most amazingly sharp and gorgeous photos, and is still a top level contender among available cameras. Its strengths far outweigh its flaws. With that being said, I am ecstatic over the news of the new X100s. They have made significant improvements in many key areas, and I can't wait to get my hands on one.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 10:45:36 PM PST
Noel Magsino says:
I have the x100 and i disagree with you, the af needs a lot of work, of course that totally depends on your subjects...for me, i wanna be able to take pics of my kids and focus as fast as i can...otherwise i lose a lot of shots as we wait for the focus to confirm...otherwise, landscape and any stationary subjects the old x100 is fine...

Posted on Jan 11, 2013 6:31:34 AM PST
This isn't a review. This would be better posted under a product discussion forum, this "review" will skew the camera's overall ratings.

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 6:31:54 AM PST
How can you review for a item that is not yet released?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2013 2:34:52 AM PST
Hayden says:

Posted on Jan 19, 2013 8:35:38 PM PST
As noted by others this is not a review and should be removed.

Posted on Nov 27, 2013 7:38:21 AM PST
FocusQuick says:
Since there was some much love surrounding my original review I thought I would follow up on it. What kept me from the X100 was the autofocus issues...I know they were addressed mostly with firmware updates but not at first.

Having said that, I absolutely love the X100S. I have had mine since August/September and I take it everywhere with me. I don't think I have a single complaint on it and the only thing I would have wanted past what it delivers is an option for a black one. The ISO performance is superb and I haven't had any problems focusing in extremely low light (i.e. nighttime walking the streets) scenarios. Presumably this revision of the X-Trans sensor will be in the X-Pro1 and that recipe is a surefire win for Fujifilm.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2013 7:47:18 AM PST
R. D. Swords says:
I also now have the X100S, and it has been phenomenal. The pictures straight out of the camera are the most gorgeous that I have seen produced by a digital camera, and the focus works great.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›