5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome features!, May 10, 2013
This review is from: Fujifilm FinePix S8200 16.2MP Digital Camera with 3-Inch LCD (Black) (OLD MODEL) (Electronics)
This is my third Fuji camera, and I love the brand. This particular camera is loaded with lots of features, from special filters to a 40xzoom. And as always, Fuji cameras are user friendly. I especially love the double zoom switch, one on top of the camera and a rocker style switch on the lens barrel, so you can use it right or left handed. The picture quality is awesome, and the menu is easy to navigate. I'm an advanced amatuer photographer, having over 40 years of experience with film and digital, and I have to say this is one of my favorite cameras.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 5 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 11, 2013 8:41:39 PM PDT
K. Ball says:
How is it with indoor pictures - low light

Posted on Jun 13, 2013 5:57:38 PM PDT
Joanne J. says:
I am leaving for vacation soon and would like to know of the zoom!! I own a " Olympus SP-800UZ" and at the 30x zoom, seems I can't get a sharp picture ...WITHOUT a tripod! At the last moment when buying a long zoom, I chose this one and HATE IT!!!!! Have NOT been satisfied from day one. I shoot a lot of wildlife, and not a professional photographer! If you can help with a recommended camera I would truly appreciate it! Would this camera, the FinePix S8200 seem a "wise choice" for someone as my self? THANK-YOU !!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2013 7:30:29 PM PDT
Joanna,
The Fujifilim S8200 uses optical image stablization, which is much better than the 'sensor-shift' image stablization method used in Olympus SP-800UZ, especially at high zoom ratio.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 4, 2013 9:36:51 AM PDT
D. Baxley says:
I know this is probably too late for you, but I am trying out a Fuji 8200 and a Nikon p520 -- the Nikon's nearest competitor would be the Canon SX50 and both of these cameras are twice the money of the Fuji S8200 -- And guess what? I think the Fuji S8200 can compete right along side of them. I am not a pro, far from it, but I am a consumer, sometime beach visitor, family reunion, etc. kind of guy using a camera for the occasional sunset and kids running around -- yeah, a grandpa. Anyway, in the hands of a novice like me the Fuji is the big winner. But, its Video Zoom can be tricky. The image will break up as it tries to keep up with you moving (me) the camera wildly around form one subject or animal to another. Stable shooting, leaning on top of a post, or car hood (how has time to set up a clunky tripod? The images once stable are great. My biggest gripe is the tiny viewfinder, not as big a dime, and the image is so hard to frame and you feel like you are guessing a lot, but the pics once upload look great. But guess what, this is also true of the Nikon and the Canon, tiny viewfinders and I found the Nikon the most irritating for some reason and it made the Fuji seem better, but I have no reason why, they seem to be the same size. Images coming out of the Nikon seemed washed out a bit and the Jufi seemed to burst with color. I tried different settings but a pro would have to explain this to me, I could not see the reason why. The Fuji seemed easier to navigate, except for the record button -- the placement is fine on the Fuji but I found myself searching for it in my mad panic to get something on video -- the Nikon, however, record button is in a sweet spot and easy on easy off. The Fuji is a bit bigger than the Nikon and the sx50 cannon falls somewhere in between. I have never used the canon, only played with it at the display table. I keep trying to talk myself into the Nikon because of all the positives the pro photo takers give it, but in practical, side by side use, by a grandpa novice the Fuji wins and I find myself grabbing for the Fuji first. Either the Nikon and Canon are way over priced or there is something terribly wrong with the Fuji and I just have not found it yet -- may the lens falls out after a 1000 pics? Maybe, however, it is the Fuji that is fairly priced and it is Nikon and Canon that are trying to --- make money? Fine -- one more thing. the Fuji uses AA batteries as its power source and if you spend $9 at Bi-Mart you can get a charger and four Ni batteries that the manual says will shoot 500 pics -- every bit as good as the Nikon Lith-ion battery pack -- but if you spent the extra dough and get a charge with the Lith recharge batters the manual says it jumps to 700 pics which beats both the Nikon and the Canon in power savings.
Costco, or Amazon the Fuji S8200 selling for about $230 -- both Nikon and Canon are over $400, go figure.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2013 8:35:41 AM PDT
angeljaneann says:
I am an artist and I use my photos to paint from. I am delighted that these pics burst with color I am thinking of buying one of these. How is the detail? is it crisp? I want to photo areas that are dappled in light and shade equally. How do you think that this camera would fare.

Posted on Nov 29, 2013 8:49:11 PM PST
Zdenek R. says:
What's the slowest shutter speed of the Finepix 8200? How does it compare to the Nikon Coolpix P510? Which one is better for action shots? Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2013 9:04:28 PM PST
Zdenek R. says:
How would Nikon P510 (basically same as 520) look, priced at $180? I am trying to make the same decision between the two, but I haven't seen the Nikon in stores.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2013 1:45:34 PM PST
"Beejay" says:
You can get the Fugifilm S8400W 16 mg, 44X Zoom for $211.00 at Best Buy which is better than the S8200 Fugi. The S8200 is wonderful but the S 8400 is still better yet.

Posted on Dec 25, 2013 10:56:50 PM PST
Questions: Is there a line/cord to activate the shutter? Can I adjust manually the shutter speed, diafram opening, and film speed? How much of the process is automatic and cannot be done manually, if any?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2013 9:05:46 AM PST
D. Baxley says:
Yes there are manual overrides -- this is not a PRO camera, but for what it is, maybe a backup, or if you are a casual shooter then this is a great camera. I returned it because I found a Canon i3 Rebel at and incredible price, but guess what, I miss the Fuji and its simplicity and the great zoom lens, no switching from lenses to lenses as it is with the upper class canon. Only you can decide what kind of photographer you are. If you only want one camera that comes close to doing it all with out all the extra weight and clutter then this is a great camera. Hope this helps
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›