5.0 out of 5 stars I Love The Illiad!!!, January 12, 2013
This review is from: The Iliad (Kindle Edition)
I'm a young 12 year old girl who loves to read. I've only read up to location 100, and I must admit it is amazing! It's a great Grecian mythology book. Homer had to have been a great writer. I am in love with The Illiad!!!!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 28, 2013 10:48:33 AM PST
SMM2571 says:
Good for you that you are reading stuff like this. You make me have faith in your generation. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2013 7:17:17 AM PST
Thanks for the comment

Posted on Mar 20, 2013 9:15:12 PM PDT
Way to go Morgan! You give me hope for the future. :-)

Posted on Jun 15, 2013 1:07:16 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 15, 2013 2:26:52 PM PDT
Billy Goat says:
Morgan I wish I had your 'reading desire' when I was your age. Now at 54 I find my need for reading the 'important books' becoming desperate before my 'old' clock stops ticking.
I do still remember some classics I had read back then, 'Goodbye Mr.Chips', uh ... ah...
Hmmm! ... I am sure there were others. In my teens I was grabbed by the modern, maybe possible future classics 'Serpico', (Al Pacino movie), 'SuperCops' (two guys nicknamed Batman & Robin).
Enough about me, if you can appreciate Homer, (did you finish?) I am confident that you can comprehend the past twenty-five hundred years of 'PHILOSOPHY'.
The many,many, so many writers in the field of philosophy can take your mind to places that the fiction writers hint about in some of their stories. (I will point out that not all college educated with degrees in 'Philosophy' are 'Philosophers', but many book writers are 'Philosophers' without intending to be. When you know what philosophy is, you will recognize 'one' when you read them).
Remember though, you do not have to agree with all they say, just think about and try to understand the assortment of 'IDEAS' they put forth. The result will be that you will have the ability to comprehend any book you will read.
I hope I am not being to serious for you, I assumed by your interest in your chosen book you were leaning away from 'the everyday real life junk out there'. (you are young, but at my age, life is to short to read books of peoples arguments over morning coffee).

Craig (Billy Goat)

As an afterthought I must say that digital ebooks are great for quick access and fast finds, but if you discover a book you just love, you will need a physical copy, because holding it and turning paper pages cannot be replaced. I find myself staring at certain words, reading over and over beautiful sentences, as they have the ability to mesmerize my heart and mind. (See how much you made me think ... that is inspiration ... from you.)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2013 2:41:13 PM PST
Laura Farmer says:
It warms my heart that a girl of your age is reading this type of book. I too was reading at a very young age and read on a much more advanced level than most children my age. Bravo, to you-keep it up, it will take you everywhere and anywhere you want to go! Reading is a true joy but an absolute privledge!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.0 out of 5 stars (228 customer reviews)

$0.00