5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, just be careful with Coverflow, September 7, 2007
This review is from: Apple iPod nano 8 GB 3rd Generation(Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
So last night I picked up my first Ipod, got a Black 8 GB Nano. Glad I waited for the new "fat" version. A few months back I bought my sister a Nano as a gift so comparing the "slim" Nano to the "fat" video Nano I like the one better, the extra width helps me hold onto the player better.
My one caution is this: with the new coverflow feature you need to be very careful how you organize your music, spent a fair amount of time last night getting that sorted out. If any of the tag information on any song(s) is off from the rest of the album it will create multiple albums in coverflow, also not having any album art for any music becomes annoying in coverflow. So my advice is; make sure you're meticulous on how you organize in iTunes. I did notice a few times that the coverflow artwork did take a second to load the image as I was scrolling, but this seems to go away after a few times.
The "split" screen from the menu that randomly shows some of your album art is very cool, since the half screen can't show a whole album cover it pans across the album art randomly, the cover that is show is random as well.
Very cool.
Last item, some people will rant about how the 8 GB Nano is on $50 bucks less than the 80 GB Classic. Remember its hard drive vs. flash memory, as I tend to be active and move around a lot and plan to use the Nano while at the gym I wanted the stability of flash memory. to me comparing the two is like comparing a dump truck to a sports car, you may want one or the other at a given time so it's really up to decide what is important, capacity or portability?

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 9, 2007 10:05:03 PM PDT
M. Lewis says:
Why are people callng the new nanos "fat?" I've also heard them elsewhere called "chubby" but when I went to an Apple store to look at them, I found out that they are about as slim as the old ones! They are wider and not as tall, so they might not fit as easily in a tight, small pocket, but it's certainly not "fat" or "chubby."

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2007 2:55:32 PM PDT
Anton Tobias says:
The reference to the new iPod being chubby is not meant to be taken in that context. What the reviewer means is that compared to the 2nd generation nanos the latest nanos are stockier looking in appearance.

They are both still very skinny as far as depth dimensions.

Posted on Sep 22, 2007 9:30:58 PM PDT
I've been organizing my tags and cover art long before Coverflow, so I'm set. Can't wait, in fact, b/c it's going to be a MUCH easier and faster way to browse than looking at text.

Posted on Feb 24, 2011 3:59:43 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 24, 2011 1:58:47 PM PST]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.2 out of 5 stars (384 customer reviews)

Used & New from: $55.50