Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

1.0 out of 5 stars Ugh!!!, December 17, 2010
This review is from: Michael (Audio CD)
15 seconds into this album and I already went "Ugh!". Akon croons, "Akon and Emjayyyyy". Yechh!! Who does that?!!!

This whole album sucks because:

1. It lacks polish. It sounded like someone singing in the basement. The Cascio basement.

2. Some parts were clearly not MJ. You can hear when Michael's clear, violin-like voice cuts in. Jason Malachi's voice is like grainy sandpaper, lacks power and he bleats like a sheep. Did I mention he also hee-hee's like a horse? How blasphemous to attribute this hideosity to Michael Jackson!

3. The songs don't flow together. Only Michael can arrange his albums right.

4. There is no theme to this album, no cohesion. It's a mish-mash, a hodge-podge.

5. There are only 9 new (not really) songs on the album. Cheat$$$! "The Way You Love Me" is recycled and remixed all wrong. Why did Teddy Riley feel the need to digitally alter the pitch of Michael's voice on an already beautiful song into something quite awful? You can't improve on perfection, I'm sorry.

6. This is not even one single hit song. Well, obviously, that's why Michael rejected them! He would never put B-sides on his albums. And now, an entire album of B-sides and demos! *Michael rolls over in grave.* His albums always had multiple hits because he only put in the best, never any mediocre songs. While some of the songs here were genuinely nice, none of them were mixed right or produced to Michael's level of perfection, thus making the whole experience thoroughly un-enjoyable. Hence no hits.

This is so not the work of the master. I don't want anymore new albums, I'm sticking to the real gems (pre-2009).

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 18, 2010 12:39:38 PM PST
Cobe says:
Anything from Michael provided it was released **before** June 25th 2009.

Posted on Dec 19, 2010 10:57:36 AM PST
NeverAdopted says:
There is nothing wrong with criticism if it is constructive. You sound hateful.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2010 1:59:45 PM PST
DeeGee says:
I wholeheartedly agree with you and I didnt even buy the album. Just listening to the previews turned me off. Michael would have never approved of something like this being released. He loved rhythm and having a couple of bass-thumping songs on his albums. This sounds like watered-down muzak. Pronounced: Un-buy-able.

Posted on Dec 23, 2010 4:05:46 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 23, 2010 4:15:59 PM PST]

Posted on Dec 23, 2010 4:20:14 PM PST
I had to come back and edit my comment because I hit the wrong button and deleted it the first time around. LOL! Anyway, what I'm hearing on this CD (as far as the audio samples go), is authentic M.J., BUT you're right in saying that there's a very UNpolished sound to 'em. If I hear "hit" in ANY of this, I would say that I hear it in the Lenny Kravitz duet more than I hear it anywhere else on the CD. It doesn't sound THAT bad, but the album sounds, like others are saying, that it was released withOUT his blessings. How very sad that the recording industry is so greedy that they would go against his wishes. Maybe the Industry is the "Monster" he was singin' about? Hmmmm...I still can't believe he's GONE. It seems so surreal to me. :-(

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2010 8:48:03 PM PST
Cookie says:
The Lenny Kravitz duet sounded better in the original leaked version. Somehow, the more they mix the songs, the worse it gets.

Your previous comment was in my email:

Dec. 23, 2010 4:05 PM PST S. Sarabia says:
I like your review/comments too. I, myself, did not buy the CD, and now, thanks to YOU, I won't. I, too, feel that it most likely would not have been released with Michael's blessings either. Seems like a total Sony move to score loot for Christmas and nothin' more. Certainly, there's a reason why others are saying that "Invincible" was the "last good M.J. album."

Yup, anything for M.O.N.E.Y. Thank goodness there's only enough material for one or two more albums, of which many songs will be duets (because Michael only left bits and pieces). I expect they will be equally abominable. Michael would not have liked this at all.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2010 8:20:47 AM PST
'Nuff said. I wholeheartedly agree. Merry Christmas, Cookie! xo

Posted on Jan 9, 2011 5:47:23 PM PST
saserfrac says:
Great album review. Anyone who thinks MJ would have released such a subpar album doesn't know MJ.

Posted on Feb 1, 2011 4:52:20 PM PST
I agree, the only one worth purchasing is the duet with Lenny Kravitz. This is so hurtful for me to say, cause I buy ALL of MJ's albums, but you can tell without a shadow of any doubt that MJ's magic touch is missing on this album.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2011 7:35:41 AM PST
Cookie says:
Um, I actually thought that sucked too. The version that was leaked in '09 was excellent. This one is not. The music is too loud and it drowns out Michael's voice. This album was mixed by idiots.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›