Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

5.0 out of 5 stars Bulletproof!, April 5, 2011
This review is from: Keurig B145 OfficePRO Brewing System with Bonus K-Cup Portion Trial Pack (Kitchen)
So after having returned not one, but two, of the Cuisinart Keurig brewers due to broken water pumps, I've settled on this commercial grade Keurig OfficePro B145 brewer for home use. I bought the unit from my local Staples for one hundred thirty-nine dollars, tax included. This model comes highly rated by both office and home users, and I couldn't find a single review online complaining of the broken water pump problem that seems to plague many Keurig models. The Cuisinart Keurigs were great, but neither of them lasted beyond the four month mark, which is terrible considering they cost around two hundred dollars a piece. They each just gradually stopped brewing full cups of coffee, and it seemed as though the pump just stopped doing its job of pushing water through the machine. Anyhow, the OfficePro B145 model is bulletproof and every component feels solid to the touch. It does not hold as much water as the Cuisinart Keurig, but I'll get over it. It is also considerably louder than the Cuisinart model as it doesn't have the QuietBrew technology, but I think the QuietBrew technology may be the "Achilles heel" of the Cuisinart Keurigs and other Keurig models as the pumps simply don't last. There are just too many reviews online for many Keurig models complaining of broken pumps. I'll update this review if I experience any problems, but, for now, I'm loving this bad boy!

LONG TERM UPDATE - November 2014: I've been using this brewer once daily since April 2011 and it's still going strong. The only problem I've encountered is that I can't turn the machine off using the small power button on the control panel. No big problem since I usually unplug the machine when I'm done. When I'm ready to brew, I just plug the machine in and press the power button to turn the machine on. I still recommend this Keurig brewer highly. It seems to be one of their most reliable models.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 31, 2011 4:05:58 PM PDT
cuisinart and keurig are different companies. which did you have an issue with?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2011 4:07:09 PM PDT
Chris P. says:
I had trouble with the Cuisinart brewer made by Keurig.

Posted on Dec 18, 2011 7:53:21 AM PST
JM says:
You have to descale these machines every 3-4 months no matter what. Otherwise you will have the exact same problems with any unit you try - period. Minerals from your water start to clog up the tubes and nozzles, and over time it won't brew a full cup. Usually it will happen once or twice and then be ok, then will refuse to brew more than ~4oz after a few days. If you run some vinegar through the machine (follow the instructions for descaling that came with it) it will clear everything out and work fine. I'm well into my second year with the cuisinart model and prefer it for the water capacity.

The reality is they're all built fairly cheaply, they all have chinese plastic pumps/impellers, it's not like this is a commercial grade unit. These machines are far more complicated than a drip brew coffeepot and require more maintenance. I highly recommend buying it from somewhere where you can get a 3 year warranty (I prefer the warehouse-type store that starts with a C)

Posted on Feb 11, 2012 3:52:03 AM PST
Silver says:
Hi Perry, it is about mid-Feb now, some 10 months after your review, may I ask if you are still happy with your Keurig B145 OfficePRO Brewing System? I am thinking of buying a several units for my office.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2012 6:00:34 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 11, 2012 6:22:15 AM PST
Chris P. says:
Still very much happy with the machine, although I don't use it as much as I used to since purchasing a Nespresso machine 2 months ago. I still use the Keurig to brew apple cider and other non-coffee K-Cups. I did purchase a Keurig OfficePro for my office about 11 months ago, and that machine gets much heavier use than my home machine. Both machines are still going strong, but we recently had to descale the office machine as we noticed the water flow seemed to be decreasing. Once descaled, the machine was back up and running the way it did when we first installed it. I still recommend this machine highly. Best of luck to you.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2012 6:34:02 AM PST
Silver says:
Hi Perry, thanks for your speedy reply. Does that mean the Nespresso Maxine is better than Keurig, if yes, in what way?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2012 7:10:05 AM PST
Chris P. says:
The Nespresso machines make espresso, which, to my mind, is essentially a small, very concentrated, rich cup of coffee. Can't really compare Keurigs to Nespresso's because they are designed to make two different types of beverages. As far as espresso makers go though, I'd highly recommend Nespresso CitiZ or Pixie models, and I've written reviews on these machines separately.

Posted on May 10, 2013 7:55:15 PM PDT
So, it's been a few years since you posted this review. Is it still going, did you sell it, or did it break down?

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2013 3:27:46 AM PDT
Chris P. says:
The brewer is still going strong, however, I've noticed the power on/off button has stopped working. Now, whenever I use the machine, I just have to plug it in and unplug it when I'm done, which is actually what one should be doing with plug-in electrical devices anyway. Otherwise, the machine is still working flawlessly.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›