17 of 20 people found the following review helpful
Stunning design and fast as blazes,
This review is from: HTC ONE S Z520E VILLE 16GB IN BLACK COLOUR UNLOCKED GSM WITH 3G 850 (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I'm stealing this from another online reviewer, but I want to rub this phone against my face. Constantly. The One S is absolutely gorgeous -- thin, light and easy to hold. I have the T-Mobile version. And it's functional. I clock about 13mbps download speeds on T-Mobile's HSPA+ network, which is pretty dang good.
- Pentile display, and I can tell. The display is truly gorgeous with popping colors and great viewing angles, but the pentile pixel arrangement means text can be fuzzy at times. It's disappointing in an otherwise perfect piece of hardware.
- No Micro SD card and only 16GB internal memory. That's plenty for apps -- not so much for those who like to carry a lot of offline music or video content.
- Fast as blazes. No lag, ever.
- Gorgeous. Stunning. The design on this phone makes an iPhone 4S look like one of those car-phone bricks from the 80s
- Good radio reception compared to my old HTC Sensation XE
- HTC Sense 4.0 has morphed into something actually useful
- Good camera. Not great camera, but good camera
- Easy to root and customize, if you're into that.
Anyway, I love this phone. It's refined, and proves what the Android platform can do. I just wish they had made room for a MicroSD slot and included a slightly better display, like the One X's.
Tracked by 1 customer
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 8, 2012 3:55:14 AM PDT
If you have the T-mobile version, why are reviewing this phone here, it wont even work on their T-Mobile's HSPA+ network
In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 8:31:35 AM PDT
I. Bergman says:
Because it's otherwise the exact same phone so all aspects of the review apply, and I can't seem to find a T-mo version on the site ;)
Posted on May 22, 2012 1:07:15 PM PDT
I. Uy says:
Where did you get the unlocked Tmo version on Amazon? Or did you purchase yours from a Tmo store? I'm on Tmo but I want to switch my phone to this so I'm trying to find an unlocked version. Thanks
In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2012 3:06:53 PM PDT
I. Bergman says:
Amazon didn't carry it, so went to the t-mo store. They'll unlock it for you since you'll be paying full retail price for it.
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 10:01:39 AM PDT
This cell phone of this seller is t-mobile or any operator or is factory unlocked? I'm sorry for translation.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›