1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY IT!, December 6, 2009
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: The Sims 3: World Adventures Expansion Pack (Video Game)
I just came online after angrily quitting the Sims 3: World Adventures. When I first bought the game it was a nice change to be able to go to different parts of the Sim world. It was a welcomed change. However, that was before I discovered all the glitches and bugs this expansion pack introduced to my Sims 3 game. I deeply regret buying it.

A few things that have gone wrong since I installed it:

- If a Sim has been in an area too long (ie Egypt) that sim will out of nowhere have a family located in that area. My sim girl was in Egypt a lot because the mummies and tombs were fun to me. After a while I looked at the family tree and she's somehow already married to an old man and they have a kid together? What the?! I can't break up the marriage so she can't marry anyone ever. (See Picture I Uploaded)

- My sim guy "went steady" with a girl from China. When he got home, the girl disappeared so now my guy can't marry anyone because it still shows that he's in a relationship with this girl. I can't reach her by phone or go to China because she vanished.

- There is a car stuck outside my sim's homes and I can't do Move Objects On to remove it.

- If my Sim asks a foreign sim (from China for example) to get married, the game glitches so that they marry but the Chinese sim doesn't move in. I can keep marrying them but they never move in, it just glitches and sends them flying around the house.

- Lastly, the glitch that made me upset the most is that I was in Egypt exploring tombs when all of a sudden the game glitches and nothing, I mean NOTHING, is clickable anymore. I can't use my cell to get out of there, I can't make my sim walk anywhere because not even the floors are clickable. I just said forget it and quit the game.

These glitches have ruined the game for me. It was a big mistake trying out the game with my favorite family. Now they're all messed up and I cant do anything to fix it. This expansion pack was MAJOR FAIL. I advise you NOT to get it and only do so when *everything* is fixed. Save your money until then! The game itself is pretty fun if you're looking to trying new things and introduce new challenges for you and your sim but like I said, it's better to wait until its problems are fixed.

Update 7/14/10: Might I add that since writing this review I've had to restart a new game from scratch 3 times. I'm not sure if it was because I uninstalled World Adventures, or because the Sims 3 game is so full of glitches that crash the game itself but the game won't load up on my laptop anymore. I'm left with two "games" I regret spending money on.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 26, 2010 5:47:49 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 26, 2010 5:48:50 PM PST
You may have already done this but it could possibly be helpful. Your first problem could be caused by having the story mode or free will (not quite sure if thats what its called) on and that causes sims to get married and have kids even when your not playing on that family. I think you go to the options menu to fix it. Hope this helped a little. 0_o

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2010 7:54:49 PM PST
BlueMoon says:
Thanks for the suggestion. My solution was to just uninstall the expansion completely. The expansion isn't worth all the trouble, especially when I had been playing a single family the whole time. Waste of money I'd say.

Posted on May 22, 2010 11:36:29 AM PDT
Griswel says:

In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2010 1:03:47 PM PDT
BlueMoon says:
I don't understand how that's working as designed when I was controlling that specific Sim the entire time?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2010 9:48:28 AM PDT
This has happened to me on several different attempts with the game. I understand that the meeting and marrying and having kids is part of the game but everytime I've had a sim advance through the adventures in WA at some point the game glitches and they either get completely stuck somewhere or everything in Egypt, China, or France in the tombs becomes unclickable. VERY frustrating.

Posted on May 31, 2011 9:06:01 PM PDT
Cedric says:
Old thread, but I think you can fix some of these problems (ie. the family tree) with Twallon's Master Controller. Hopefully, the patches have fixed these problems by now.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2011 9:03:43 PM PDT
im stupid but what is WAD

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2011 12:37:38 PM PST
Hilarious. Yes, avoid sending your loved ones off to Egypt.

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 12:44:11 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 14, 2012 12:53:12 AM PDT
Most if not all of these issues can be fixed through the in-game cheat menu. As far as redoing tombs, I've read that you can go into Edit World, delete the existing toms, and replace them with fresh copies. I haven't reached that point myself yet, as I'm new to WA, but that seems to be the only way to currently reset tombs to explore them with new sims.

I have never had any of these problems where sims marry while on vacation, or in fact do ANYTHING I don't tell my active family to do. IF you have so many problems, your game may be a bad installation, not patched up to date, or just badly bugged. I suggest Awesomemod and/or NRass' Master Controller to fix these issues. If not for these mods, my game probably would be as wrecked as the ones I've seen described. As much as I enjoy the Sims series, EA has a history of releasing buggy games and expansions, and never fixing those bugs. Thus creating the need for third party mods to fix those coding issues.

Often, especially in China for whatever reason, other sims visiting or living there get stuck in various venues due to routing issues. When this happens, the entire world becomes very laggy and may well cause glitches. To fix this issue, open your cheat box using Ctrl+Shift+C and type in " resetsim * " This will reset EVERY sim in the current town to their home location, including other adventurers and locals.

Really, the game is still very much fun, and if you use the tools available to you, you can fix or prevent most bugs and glitches, including lag. Do your research into this stuff rather than just spouting off "It's broken, it sucks, don't buy it" because that's not true for most people. I almost find it amusing how many issue others seem to have, and how much they complain rather than try to fix them on their own.

And no, Awesomemod and NRass' stuff have NEVER harmed my game or files. In fact, just the opposite: Master Controller saved my favorite family when it glitched out. A few clicks of my mouse and everything was restored to normal. I have been using Awesomemod since my Sims 2 days, and would have used it for The Sims had I known it existed then.

Posted on Jun 27, 2015 2:28:09 PM PDT
I was considering on purchasing this pack, at some point in the future, if my economic circumstances improves...NOW I am not so SURE..I was wanting it simply because there is apparently elements in the expansion pack needed to play the " home-made " Sims Worlds on the Sims catalog website..the worlds are free, but there are a few of the worlds that stresses the need to have this pack in order for the worlds to work.. I actually haven't found that to be the case,,an in some cases,, the people who made the new worlds made different versions for whatever content you DO have. I also think that just the TRAVELER MOD from the Sims Nraas website works just as well. These other worlds are worth having a look.. I have SETRA and I was able to make it work without World Adventures. AGAIN, Thank you, you saved me a lot of heart ache. Dispite the glitches, crashes, an occasional freezes Sims 3 is FAR SUPERIOR to Sims 4..just read the comments on all the facebook Sims social groups..ALSO check out the various Sims 3 cheats from YouTube,,they do WONDERS with the game.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›