4.0 out of 5 stars Great Cover, Fair Price, December 14, 2010
This review is from: Acase(TM) Classic Kindle 3 Leather Case (Black) with Screen Protector Film Clear (Invisible) (Electronics)
The leather on this case feels nice in the hand. There is a bit of a smell when you first take it out of the packaging, but it goes away very quickly. This is clearly actual, real leather, not fake imitation leather. The interior is a nice soft gray felt that I feel will protect my Kindle from scratches. The exterior of the case feels to have a little padding that, while adding a bit of bulk to my device, also seems to offer some protection from droppage.

The Kindle fits very snugly via two leather straps on the bottom and two elastic bands on the top. I can shake the case vigorously and there are no worries about my Kindle falling out. Even so, inserting and removing my Kindle are very easy to do, so this indicates a good design. The magnetic clasp on the front has a nice snap and is very strong, so there are no worries of the clasp opening while it's in your bag, etc. The cover bends backwards behind the Kindle very easily, and I've discovered that you can bend the clasp part back and the magnet will be able to hold the cover open (by attaching to the magnetic part on the cover. This creates a bit of an angle, but is nice because you don't have to physically hold it open.

I would definitely say go ahead buy this case. It's a great value. I liked it enough to get one for my mother-in-law's Kindle as well. They now even have the cases in different colors, although black is a very good choice, in my opinion. I actually had to converse with their customer service department about an issue I had with my original case. They were very responsive and eager to resolve my issues. This great service experience shows that these guys care about their product.

If you're thinking about the more expensive "official" Amazon cover, this is a wonderful (and much cheaper) alternative that you will not be disappointed with.

Feel free to ask me any questions in the comments. I promise to answer them.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 30, 2010 10:07:38 AM PST
jawa says:
Can you tell me if the cover can be folded back?
Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2010 11:06:35 AM PST
Jacob Gross says:
Oh, absolutely. I use it folded back like 99% of the time. In fact, it feels like the case was manufactured to be able to be folded back because it goes back very easily and naturally.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2011 9:56:17 AM PST
S. Kendel says:
Just wondering, when you fold it back like you are talking about, does it have the ability to have the magnetic clasp snap into place to hold it open and keep the clasp out of the way?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2011 6:30:42 AM PST
Jacob Gross says:
No. That's the only slightly annoying thing is that the clasp kind of floats there. It doesn't interfere with the screen, but when folded back, it just kind of sticks up.

In terms of the cover staying folded back, it seems like it's made to be folded back. The cover just stays back in that position and doesn't even try to push itself back around.

Like I said, though, even though the clasp part doesn't really hide or go anywhere when the cover is flipped around, it doesn't really get in the way. If you're reading a good book (meaning you really get sucked in) you won't even notice it there. :)

Posted on May 2, 2011 12:27:55 PM PDT
D. Harnar says:
will the charger fit into the leather case with the kendle?

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2011 6:50:55 AM PDT
Absolutely not. The pocket is for flat objects only...i.e. a couple of sheets of folded paper, but nothing with depth. Hope this helps you out.

Posted on May 23, 2011 7:51:46 PM PDT
V. Wiley says:
When I use this case, I take the clasp and push it back onto the closure so that it's out of the way. I too have permanent black marks on my graphite K3. :( I wish I would've never bought it.

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2011 8:33:16 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 1, 2011 6:01:23 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2011 8:38:19 PM PDT
V. Wiley says:
I'm uploading photos as I type this. Check them out, please.

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2011 9:08:35 PM PDT