Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Iron Maiden UP3 $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation STEM Toys & Games

4,069 of 4,605 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars At last, my victory over "good" is complete!, July 10, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Diablo III - PC/Mac (Computer Game)
For the last 15 years, as I served as the constant whipping post for thousands...nay, MILLIONS of pathetic worms who have plundered my depths and banished me and my brothers to the soulstones time and time again! NO LONGER! On May 15 in the year of the Panda, 2012, my plan to claim victory over the Nine Hells and the High Heavens has come to fruition! Behold, the chronicle of my journey thus far!

Day 1: Millions of hapless insects gathered with their gold in hand and their steel drawn as they prepared to storm my doorstep, thinking that I, the Lord of Terror, would stand idly by as you farmed me for loot. Little did you suspect that my secret weapon "error 3007" would lay you all low! Those of you that happened to slip by my net came face to face with my uberlieutenants-- Lagmodan, The Serverbreaker,and Archbishop Disconnectus.

Day 2-5: See day 1...

Day 6: The delays caused by my impenetrable server defenses allowed me to fortify the Champions of Hell and overwhelm the puny Nephalem forces when they finally arrived...such awesome and destructive powers as: Molten QQ, Plague of Ridiculous Enrage Timers, and Arcane Orbital Repair Bills. To finalize my triumph, I ensured that any artifacts that my minions were carrying were at LEAST 5 levels lower and were utterly useless to the would-be plunderer. Truly the tears of the righteous are as music to my blackened soul!

Day 7: I rested...

Day 37: I have struck another triumphant blow! I have created a market place for the Nephalem, which is the only means of obtaining artifacts of any significant power. However, the true devious nature of this monstrosity is what makes it so delicious! In order to utilize it, the Nephalem are required to use a strange currency known as US Dollars, which they cannot access unless they willingly pay a 30% tithe to the forces of evil! MUAHAHAHAH! I really intended to slaughter them on day 1 with this device, but Belial was having trouble getting the Koreans on board with it.

Day 38: Once my demonic auction house of real money was fully operational, and the sniveling maggots were happily lapping up items of significant power with which to best my forces...I dropped ANOTHER masterful stroke on them, claiming yet another victory for Team Hell! I unleashed the Mighty Nerf-alem Hammer on all treasures under the High Heavens, making them nearly useless. Many who had spent their precious gold, real and virtual, were now banished to the Halls of Buyer's Remorse. I used the tears and subsequent blood of my fallen enemies to fill a bath, and washed myself in the Basin of Greedy Deception!

Day 45 and counting...: My saga continues to unfold, as many once-hopeful heroes have abandoned their quest altogether. Perhaps they will have an easier time slaying pandas soon... Those stalwarts who have chosen to stay, trapped in my Devilish Hamster Wheel of Doom and cursed to wander the Malignant Slot Machine of Rmah, do so in the vain hope that "things will get better." No mortal, they will NOT! Even when you are able to use the treasure you have purchased against EACH OTHER in Player vs. Player combat (no, really, it's coming...TRUST me...*evil laugh*), you will still be subject to my law of Eternal Internet Connection. Only once I've milked every last dollar and gold piece from these lackeys will I then pull the plug on the ServerStone forever! Just in time for Heart of the Swarm and Pandasy Island to be unleashed upon this ripe, unsuspecting world!

Sincerely yours,
Diablo
Lord of Terror

PS. Yesterday, my watchful eye spotted a 59 year old Hardcore Witch Doctor who was about to celebrate his 60th Season. I unleashed a Latency Storm on him as he was engaging 3 champion Heralds with "Waller, Plague, Arcane and Extra Life"...he is now a level 3 HC Monk. O tis fun to be evil!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 12 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 21-30 of 133 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2012 3:46:13 AM PDT
Agreed. Death of a company IMO

Posted on Jul 12, 2012 5:29:00 AM PDT
Walter Perry says:
All praise to you oh Lord of Terror. You have crushed your enemies beneath your powerful cloven hoof. May their tears continue to provide sustenance for your dark soul. You have mastered the earthly corporate power of destruction to all that players hold dear. I pledge my undying loyalty to you oh dark master.

Posted on Jul 12, 2012 9:07:01 AM PDT
SilentWolf9 says:
Diablo "The Lord of Terror"
Location: Oregon

Must be his vacation home.

Posted on Jul 12, 2012 9:28:37 AM PDT
Nicnac says:
Might I say 'Lagmodan' might be the most brilliant thing on Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2012 9:34:29 AM PDT
Nicnac says:
Not THAT Oregon...

Posted on Jul 12, 2012 9:44:24 AM PDT
Branon Young says:
Lol, This is the best (and most accurate) review of D3 I have seen. I waited many years for the release of D3 and was sickened when I realized that this is what Blizzard had done to the franchise. D3 is the only game I have ever refunded in my 20+ years of gaming.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2012 9:53:55 AM PDT
Grey says:

Posted on Jul 12, 2012 9:54:00 AM PDT
AudiusRex says:
Without a doubt, one of the most accurate reviews of this horrifyingly bad game.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2012 9:55:13 AM PDT
Branon Young says:
It says a lot about the game. The server issues, the poor loot drops, the poor loot, the nerfs, etc... This is a spot on review of the game. IMHO, Everyone should read this before purchasing D3.

Posted on Jul 12, 2012 10:01:34 AM PDT
Uzi says:
Wonderful and creative summary of what this 'game is'.

THumbs up for a enjoyable read.

I purchased this game on release (foolishly trusting them to improve over Diablo and Diablo2/LOD)
A game ,D2/LOD I played for many years off and on, which IMO is still a quite playable and enjoyable game with offline mods.

THis game I've given up on as of 3 weeks ago. I rated it a one though, IMO no way is this game worth a 5. One
far more represents the actual value for those of us expecting a worthy successor to D2/LOD.
For the newcomers who have no clue, I suppose a 3 would be more appropriate and for those that enjoy playing
the Auction House for gear and think that is the game, it is a 5.

Review Details