5.0 out of 5 stars It Converted me!!!, October 26, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Battlefield 3 - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
I have to say I was a COD type of player. My friends would talk to me about BFBC2 and I would say "That game looks boring, where is the action?" But got to admit, I got tired of COD, same old gun and run. I wanted something more complex.
I played the BF3 beta, and damn after getting in the Metro Station, from the Operation Metro Map, and hearing the bullets, the RPG's on the edge of getting you, and the explosion all around, I got hooked up. It is so realistic, having "TurtleBeaches" or so, really helps a lot. It is intense, full of action, and really fun.
For all those people saying "I get killed really fast, they are all just camping, I can't even get close to the objective, I get lost on the map 'cause is too big" Well, don't run like a noob in the middle of the street! take the long way around, be sneaky get behind them and kill them, and most important of all press the SELECT button when you see an enemy to "spot" it, as this is a team based game, your friends will see them when you "spot" the enemy. When spawning get into a vehicle, better if it is a Tank or an Amphibian, with them you can get close to the objective and kill lots of enemies, it is better if you are an engineer as you will be able to "fix" it when damaged.
I can't deny there are some issues such as: Voice chat being choppy, bugs here and there, but no game is complete when it first comes out. I think it will just get better after some patches, don't listen to the trolls, and just give it a try. Hope you find out how good this game is. CHEERS!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 27, 2011 9:35:20 PM PDT
Very well put. I, too, was converted (it was BFBC2: Vietnam) that did me in but BF3 is all you've said it is. Well done.

Posted on Oct 28, 2011 1:01:15 PM PDT
I will also say you highlighted the greater differences from the COD franchise. Do not run in the middle of the streets or wide paths. The terrain is designed for you to "hit the deck" when being fired upon. Try to work at spotting enemies for your team, as you will get points. Don't be overly selfish about your own stats. Its about playing smart, not fast. You might say that this is a good game for those sick of being shot in the back

Posted on Oct 29, 2011 4:16:01 PM PDT
Sam says:
one does not need to be "converted" to have fun with BF games. if you want something "complex", bf3 obviously isn't. mil sims like arma would be what a non-idiot call complex.

the "trolls" you mentioned are mostly NOT trolls, they're players who have been playing BF since 1942. don't call them trolls just because they disagree with your view. dice has a tradition of leaving their products broken and move onto new projects. there isn't a single BF game that's completely polished, they're all plagued with problems. it doesn't mean they aren't fun though, so don't get your panties in a bunch.

cod and bf are completely different types of fps's. there's no point comparing apples and oranges, it'll only make you sound like an ignorant 12 year old. if you're really "converted" and will not be buying mw3, have fun missing out.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2011 5:50:38 PM PDT
OmyKun123 says:
Sam, your reply would be valid if I was a PC player, I know it has a huge list of military simulators. Obviously my review was for the PS3 console, and I called Bf3 complex when compared to COD. Trolls? Haven't you read all the reviews comparing COD to Bf3?? Not just comparing but saying that Bf3 is not good, that it sucks, just because they can't get a +K/D ratio. I did not say COD was bad, just that I got tired of it, still I play it when my friends come to my place. Besides I will not be buying it because my roommate will get it for the Xbox360.

Posted on Oct 31, 2011 12:39:13 PM PDT
MatthewW says:

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2011 10:33:01 AM PDT
Dan says:
I have run into no bugs yet. At all. I don't know what game you and all the other bug finders are playing, but it isn't BF3

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2011 3:03:22 PM PST
A. Scarlatos says:
agreed

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2011 3:05:57 PM PST
A. Scarlatos says:
mw3 is the exact same thing as mw2 it is just a recycle version

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2011 4:33:42 AM PST
you comment "if you're really "converted" and will not be buying mw3, have fun missing out." just proved that your trolling and you bum MW2.5

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2011 1:59:41 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 29, 2011 5:49:08 PM PST]
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.0 out of 5 stars (1,267 customer reviews)

$39.99 $16.84