5.0 out of 5 stars Superb battery/charger combo, January 6, 2012
This review is from: Wasabi Power Battery (2-Pack) and Charger for Sony NP-BG1, NP-FG1 and Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H3, DSC-H7, DSC-H9, DSC-H10, DSC-H20, DSC-H50, DSC-H55, DSC-H70, DSC-H90, DSC-HX5V, DSC-HX7V, DSC-HX9V, DSC-HX10V, DSC-HX20V, DSC-HX30V, DSC-N1, DSC-N2, DSC-T20, DSC-T100, DSC-W30, DSC-W35, DSC-W50, DSC-W55, DSC-W70, DSC-W80, DSC-W90, DSC-W100, DSC-W120, DSC-W130, DSC-W150, DSC-W170, DSC-W200, DSC-W210, DSC-W215, DSC-W220, DSC-W230, DSC-W270, DSC-W290, DSC-W300, DSC-WX1, DSC-WX10, Handycam HDR-GW77V (Personal Computers)
I really love my new camera the Sony DSC HX9V! It has made my picture taking a real fun. Portability, great features, well made...in other words Perfect! Perfect you ask? No issues what-so-ever? Well..yes...there are some issues: The camera is a bit bulky, it comes without a charger to charge a battery out of the camera and the batteries do not last for long. My previous camera a Casio Exilim could go for almost a week on one charge. The Sony will hardly last a day on regular use and a few hours on heavy use. What can one do about this? Recharge the battery you say. Correct, but this takes a few hrs that I do not always have. So I decided to buy a new battery to have as a spare. As I always do on every purchase I started checking out sites, opinions etc. etc. until I came across the Wasabi Charger with TWO InfoPack batteries. All opinions on this package seem to agree: A Great product at a great price, so I decided to buy it and am I glad I did!

The package came in no time with Amazon Prime and I immediately put one of the two batteries to charge. In the eman time I checked out the accessories that come with the package: The Charger, Two Battery Packs, European/South American outlet adaptor and Car battery Adaptor. Great!

The Battery was ready a few hours later and since we were in the middle of Christmas "fever" I set out taking photos and videos everywhere (pissing off some of my family members in the process). The battery lasted at least as long as the Sony battery that came with the camera and since it is an InfoPack it has the additional bonus of enabling the camera/battery feature where the camera tells you exactly how much charge you have left in the battery. A great feature indeed. You will never be caught with your pants down when taking photos.

In the mean time I was charging the second battery pack and by the time the first one was empty I had a freshly charged battery to play with: "Infinite photo taking time".

I have had this set for about 3 weeks now and I could not be more pleased with it. The batteries seem to outlast the standard battery that came with the camera (after having been recycled a few times already) and I no longer have to sweat running out of battery at a "critical" moment (like filming my wife or kids). The original battery is used as my ultimate standby in case I use 2 batteries and forget to charge them (a near impossible situation unless there is no electricity where I may find myself).

I give this package my highest recommendation. There may be cheaper sets out there but for what this one offers it is a heck of bargain and a value.

Buy this and you will never regret it.

Happy New Year to all.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]