Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now SnS

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm Impressed, June 4, 2008
This review is from: Country Save HE Laundry Detergent, Powder, 160-Load, 10-lb Boxes (Pack of 4) (Health and Beauty)
I stumbled upon Country Save Laundry Detergent when I began cloth diapering in an attempt to be more environmentally friendly. I should mention that I have two kids and a husband who is a maintenance technician at a factory so we have tons of dirty, sometimes really dirty laundry.

I like that it has no scent so it doesn't irritate anyone's sensitive skin and it smells more fresh to me that way. It suds well and cleans better than most conventional, chemical laden soaps I've used before.

I am impressed that clothing, when hung on a line to dry, does not come out stiff. I think that was one of my bigger selling points, that and it has no fragrance or extras that causes liquids to repel. This is huge for cloth diapers.

I bought one 10 pound box, and use it in my top loader. We're on the same box about two months later so I'd say it's a good buy.

I'm hooked.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 10, 2011 7:44:30 AM PDT
I don't have an HE washer - do you use the amount suggested on the box? or double? For diapers, do you do two wash cycles with half soap for each cycle?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2011 7:55:30 PM PDT
I, too, don't have an HE washer and would love it if someone would answer J. lederer's questions.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2011 5:52:15 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 27, 2011 5:53:03 AM PST
Howard says:
If you look closely at the image of the box, it says 80 loads for top load/non-HE washers, 160 for front load. So, you'd use double the amount for your top loader.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2012 4:54:10 PM PST
Lisa says:
I realize this is a little late for a reply, but thought it might help someone else... Cloth diapers are trial and error, however, usually less detergent is needed. I do not have a HE washer, and I just use a dash of Country save for my first cold wash, then a quarter scoop for the second hot wash. I believe this aligns with the amount suggested by BumGenius for their diapers. (I use a full scoop when I wash clothes).

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 11:41:05 AM PST
Yvonne says:
Sorry, I'm just now seeing this now. I used about half a scoop in a regular washer. I now have an HE front loader and use very, very little about an eight of a scoop. It lasts forever. We aren't cloth diapering anymore but we love this stuff. It's great and lasts forever. I usually order two boxes and it lasts our family of four for about a year. And we do about 4 loads a week plus bedding.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 11:42:20 AM PST
Yvonne says:
Oh, as for the diapers, I remove the solids into the toilet then rinse them in the washer on cold then run a hot wash with soap and dry (either line or dryer) them.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 11:43:03 AM PST
Yvonne says:
I use less. I do a cold rinse in the washer and then run a hot cycle with the soap. Less is more! Again, sorry, I'm just now seeing your post.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›