4.0 out of 5 stars a beautiful, elegant watch, October 18, 2011
This review is from: Skagen Women's 816XSWXC1 Ceramic White Crystal Accented White Dial Watch (Watch)
I had been interested in a ceramic watch, but didn't consider buying online as I wanted to see one in person. I purchased this watch in black on a recent cruise. The retail price at Effy was $225 and I got it for $176. The prices here on Amazon are far, far cheaper for the exact same watch (I paid $76). I love the black watch, so I when I found it on Amazon I immediately ordered it in white on white without the gold accents. It's just as beautiful as the black.

The product picture does not do it justice - it looks almost like plastic/rubber online. In person the watch looks ceramic, almost like Corelle dishes. The downside is the watch is a lot like Corelle in that the ceramic doesn't scratch, but it will shatter. I accidentally dropped the black watch on my hard wood floor and one of the links shattered; so these are not quite as durable as I would have liked, especially considering the suggested retail. However, the watches come in a very large size, which is nice for women who have larger wrists. I had to have links removed by a jeweler so it would fit, and I had the extra to get it repaired. They come in a simple, stylish white gift box wrapped around a white pillow. Please see my pictures of the actual watches I purchased.

Overall, I am very satisfied with this watch and would buy another if they ever offer it in more colors (pink, blue, etc.). If you are interested in a ceramic watch, the Skagen is an elegant piece and an absolute bargain here on Amazon.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 11, 2012 6:09:42 PM PST
snowydrops says:
Thanks for your helpful pictures and review! I was just wondering if the hands of your white watch is silver or black? From the photos you posted, it seems that they are silver, but the photos posted by another user shows that they are black. I would really like the silver hands (over the black ones), so any information you provide would be great. Thanks again for your help!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 6:15:45 PM PST
Jem says:
Snowydrops - the hands on my watch are silver. I think perhaps the picture they posted just look black, as the Amazon product image also looks like black hands, but I got my watch from Amazon and they are definitely silver. Hope this helps! If by chance you get the wrong color, Amazon has always been great for me about returning items.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 6:14:42 AM PST
snowydrops says:
Jem - thanks so much for your lightning fast reply! I really appreciate it. I too have had good experiences with Amazon's return policy and I will purchase directly from Amazon as you suggested. Your comment helps very much! Thanks again!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 9:30:34 AM PST
Jem says:
No problem, happy to help! I think Amazon's review system is one of the best features for shopping. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 8:46:01 AM PST
snowydrops says:
I agree but I also think that it's reviewers like you that make the system work. Really - I have never received such a speedy response to my questions! Thanks again. Hope you have a great week. (P.S. My order for the watch has already been placed!)
=)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 12:54:00 PM PST
Jem says:
I'm certain you'll like it. I'm seriously tempted to buy the brown one, and wish they offered it in more colors (like pink or blue).

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 5:53:57 PM PST
snowydrops says:
I have seen the brown one with the rose gold detailing in person and that's really pretty too. There is a good sale going on right now, I think. It's definitely less expensive than it's been in the last few months although your price of $76 is hard to beat. And I agree that a wider variety of colours would be great!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›