3.0 out of 5 stars Loved them until the price hike, April 6, 2011
This review is from: Clif Bar Builder's Bar, Variety Pack, 9 Chocolate and 9 Chocolate Peanut Butter, 2.4-Ounce Bar, Pack of 18 (Health and Beauty)
Don't know who to fault with this, but a price jump from $18 for 18 ($1 per bar) bars to $25 for 18 ($1.38 per bar) bars without notice on the Subscribe & Save plan is really not fun.

I am canceling my S&S order today and will go back to brick and mortar purchase as it is cheaper to buy them individually than it is to buy them by the box from Amazon. (local stores have them for $1.25 per bar)

Too bad :(

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 10, 2011 4:26:09 PM PDT
Jeremiah S. says:
I couldn't agree with this more! I bought at least two of these a month and I won't be buying anymore until the price goes back down, its way too expensive on Amazon now. They're cheaper at whole foods now.

Posted on Apr 14, 2011 12:03:17 PM PDT
SQ says:
Also cancelling. The lack of an appropriate email indicating a price hike is disappointing, coming from Amazon.com.
It is definitely cheaper at Publix and Walmart now, plus I get more flavors.

Posted on Apr 16, 2011 12:45:07 AM PDT
S. SIDHU says:
Yeah, what the heck?!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 17, 2011 9:47:45 AM PDT
yeah this is a shame, I actually did not notice until my box was about to ship. Going to cancel and go back to store bought as well. Seems like a relatively expensive price increase like that should stop your subscription until you accept it again with an email warning. Pretty shady.

Posted on May 18, 2011 3:04:13 PM PDT
OuterLimits says:
I also canceled my S&S. I was just taking a look to see if the price went back down. I buy this same box at BJ's Wholesale for about $19.00.

Posted on Aug 7, 2011 6:05:38 PM PDT
IIIBradIII says:
Agreed - I've bought tons of these on S&S. Just now noticed the price hike though - that's very shady of Amazon not to notify us of a price change, and it lowers my view of the company considerably.

Posted on Dec 4, 2011 4:08:51 PM PST
Johanna Galt says:
I cancelled my subscribe and save for the same reason - Didn't even get the second order. Very disappointing, as this was my first experience with Subscribe and Save and I will be very wary of doing it again. I feel like I will have to watch it like a hawk, instead of just being comfortable that the things I choose to have auto-shipped will conveniently just come.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›