Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

5.0 out of 5 stars Check your Black Ops game settings people!, January 22, 2013
This review is from: Turtle Beach Ear Force NLa Gaming Headset - Black - Nintendo Wii U (Video Game)
-I wound up buying one of these;See my post-purchase comments below-
First, I don't own this headset... YET. I'm checking the reviews and making a buying decision. BUT, I have been using the headset that came with my HTC phone, so I've figured out what works and what doesn't. Read on...

For all those complaining about the inability to hear game sounds or only portions of the game sounds from the headset... check your in-game settings! You can enable/disable chatting, in-game sound EFX and music, you can choose to send sounds to TV, Game Pad or both... check your settings! Every complaint I read EXCEPT the overall volume... can be resolved in the Black Ops settings menu!!! :-)

--UPDATE--

Noticed Amazon reduced the price on this item from $35 to $28 so I decided to grab one. I know the price will continue to fall, but I could play that waiting game forever.

I have to say it's changed my gameplay experience! It's a much more enhanced gaming immersion. I feel a bit more like I'm "in" the game. Scoot the chair a couple inches closer to the ol' 65" Mitsu and dig in. LOL!

Quality seem good. Not great, but definitely not one of those cheesy off-brand headsets. The foam around the ear cups seems a little thin and likely won't last all that long, but I'll do my best to take care of them and hopefully extend the life of the foam.

And speaking of ear cups... as others have described, they're not really "ear cups" per se as they don't envelope the ear. But I found them to be quite comfortable and the sound quality was good. Volume level was sufficient. Didn't blast my eardrums, but the volume level was quite good for the game (Black Ops 2). I tweaked the in-game settings and audio mix and am quite satisfied with the result.

Microphone boom is flexible and can be adjusted to any shape/position you like, as well as being adjusted for left or right hand placement.

Volume dial and mute switch seem crisp and of fair quality.

Cord is about a foot shorter than I wish it was, but it's usable. Plenty long enough to plug into GamePad if you're using the pad as a controller, and just long enough to plug into GamePad if you're using the Wiimote (you'll need to have the GamePad sitting next to you though; cord length is maybe 4 feet or so).

In all, I'd say this is a fair product for the price. I would have been more comfortable paying about $20 for this item, but factor in the added enjoyment I'll get from gameplay and it's worth a few extra bucks. This is definitely the lowest price available on a headset with a boom mic for Wii U, so I'm feeling good about my purchase.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]