1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't hold up to regular use, October 7, 2008
Several reviewers have commented that some of the other reviewers must be getting paid for favorable reviews of this. I think they just may be from owners who have only had the wallet for a few weeks.

I had this product for four months before ditching it and starting the search for another wallet.

I love the concept -- this is just not executed well.

My main problem is with the card-pockets. They don't work. When I started, I tried to trim-down the number of cards I was carrying, and ended up with about 12 -- 3 to each pocket. Apparently, that's not enough in each one, as the cards would slide out every time the wallet was opened.

After a few weeks of dropped cards and frustration, I re-arranged things a bit. Two pockets ended up with 1 card each, and the other two had about 5 each. This fixed the sliding-out problem rather well.

Unfortunately, it created another problem, as the seam between two of the pockets came un-stitched. Now I had the sliding out problem compounded with sliding AROUND. Each time I opened the wallet, I'd end up with a bunch of cards sliding out to the middle....not fun.

I have seen the suggestions and customer-service fixes in these comments. Credit cards are a standard-size -- the manufacturer shouldn't be telling customers they have to re-stitch or move the seam for the wallet to work properly. Also, I don't feel wallets are items that need "retraining" for their owners to properly handle them. I've been using wallets for 35 years...and they've all worked better than this one.

I'm disappointed because at first, I really liked it -- it's really thin, and that's great. But until they figure out how to handle cards so that they are secure, yet easy to remove, I will look elsewhere.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 30, 2011 9:42:24 AM PST
Shew says:
Latest version of this wallet has a rubbery surface inside the pocket so cards don't slip out anymore.

Not only is this surface "grippy" but it also stretches so the pocket can accomodate one card or a lot of cards.

Mine hasn't had problems with un-stitching. FWIW, the company claims they have a one year free replacement warrenty on all the structural aspects of the wallet. Don't know if they stand by this since I haven't had to use it.

Posted on Jul 27, 2011 1:47:10 PM PDT
M. Kriegel says:
I am currently carrying my third ALL-ETT. This one has developed the same problem as the other two, that is, is has developed a small hole in one of the corners. The thing is, I've carried each of these wallets for at least 3 years.
These are the best wallett I've ever owned. I will buy my replacement directly from ALL-ETT due to the lack of color choice on Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2011 8:29:45 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 17, 2011 8:34:14 AM PDT
J. Nathan says:
Since 2007 I've probably had 6 ALL-ETT wallets. Most of them were the leather/spinnaker cloth models and all of them came apart where the leather is stitched to the spinnaker cloth. I purchased my current wallet, the redesign of the International wallet in spinnaker cloth - intended to be more durable, in December of 2010 and It's already coming apart.

I like the company, I like the products but I don't like the misleading statements on their website regarding how long their products last. That's pure fantasy.

Posted on Nov 8, 2011 12:48:09 PM PST
I disagree.

I purchased this model from the ALL-ETT company in early 2006. It's now late 2011 and I'm considering replacing the wallet because there is a very small hole in the lower outer corner of the folding side about the size of an pea. That's 5 years of daily use with only a moderate amount of wear (wear, I might add, that doesn't actually affect the functionality of the wallet).

Posted on Mar 2, 2012 3:36:07 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Mar 2, 2012 3:37:22 PM PST]

Posted on Mar 2, 2012 3:37:53 PM PST
David Hooper says:
I've had the nylon version for 4-5 years and haven't had any durability problems. Keep it in the front pocket of my jeans and it's never fallen out. However, if you wear pants without deep pockets, that may be something you want to watch for.

Posted on Jun 8, 2013 11:13:00 AM PDT
tomh says:
I am now replacing the one I got in ... 2008 maybe. This is a brilliant product. Not being paid by anyone -- trust me :-)

Posted on Jul 12, 2013 2:21:56 PM PDT
Jaymis says:
I've had several of these wallets and have bought a few for my friends as well. No complaints from anyone, other than they are surprised at how long they last. The average life for these is about four to five years. I've never found a better more compact wallet . . . and I've had a few (been wearing wallets about twice as long as you). The "paper" sound goes away after you wear it for awhile. I don't agree with your analysis, I wouldn't think of buying any other type.

Posted on Jan 13, 2014 5:30:22 PM PST
Phil H says:
Maybe they don't make 'em like they used to, but I bought my All-ett about 10 years ago (circa 2003, maybe earlier), have used it every day, and I'm only now looking to replace it. I don't have one of the new fancy ones with the rubber grips in the credit card pockets. It took a small amount of getting used to, but I don't have trouble with cards spilling everywhere, and it's been well worth it for the slim factor!

I haven't had any torn seams. Maybe yours was defective?

(And no, I haven't been paid for this. I'm just a satisfied customer who probably won't ever buy a different brand of wallet.)

Posted on Jul 3, 2014 5:45:16 AM PDT
J. Fincher says:
I bought my first All-ett wallet so I could start wearing it in my front pocket. I really don't know how long I've had it - maybe 10-12 years, and it's just now showing some wear. As to the functionality, it definitely takes some getting used to. I'll lay it down and take out cards, or hold it in the middle using one finger. It is BY FAR the best wallet I've ever owned.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›