1.0 out of 5 stars Replacement Filters No Longer Available!!!, December 14, 2008
This review is from: Hamilton Beach TrueAir 04381 Allergen Reducer Air Cleaner (Kitchen)
These WERE great air cleaners. I purchased 6 of them on March 23, 2008 for a charity along with 18 replacement filters. Little did I know, those would be all the filters we'd ever get.

I tried to order a number of replacement filters about a week ago right here on Amazon, and after they didn't show up I inquired as to their whereabouts. I was informed that the vendor checked with Hamilton Beach and they are no longer producing the replacement filters.

So, I would highly NOT recommend purchasing one of these unless you only intend to use it for 120 days and then throw it away.

Have a nice day.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 3, 2009 3:16:17 AM PST
K. K. Gorman says:
Ha! That must be why they dropped the price to $38 now -- trying to dump them off on us unsuspecting consumers! Thanks, H.P., for the advice!

Posted on Mar 15, 2009 6:35:56 PM PDT
R. Campero says:
I wanted to buy this machine, then saw your review and was bummed. But I went straight to www.hamiltonbeach.com and typed in "04381 filter" in the search area and it brought up a filter for model 04712 that says it "Fits Model 04381"...and this is direct from the manufacture which is good enough for me, so I'm going to go ahead and purchase. Hopefully this helps you too.

Posted on Mar 20, 2009 2:54:09 PM PDT
Bruce K. says:
HamiltonBeach.com is now completely out of filters and there will be no more offered as the 0712 has been discontinued.

Posted on Mar 22, 2009 7:10:48 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 22, 2009 7:11:26 AM PDT
R. Jones says:
DO NOT BUY THIS AIR CLEANER. Filters are no longer in stores. On Hamilton Beach's web site, filters are always out of stock. I called and they told me they have them but Hamilton beach charges 11.99 to ship 1 filter. You will be paying $25 to $35 dollars a filter that Target used to sell for 12.99. Very $$$$ for a air cleaner that's clearly on its way out.

Posted on Mar 28, 2009 10:25:29 AM PDT
What about vacuuming the filter to extend its life, or adding a carbon pre-filter? There must be replacement filters out there for another air purifier that would fit in the 04381. Thirty eight bucks for an air cleaner isn't too bad, even if you just get four to six months of use out of it.Any good alternative air purifiers out there for around the same price, and why is Hamilton Beach going out of its way to screw its customers over?

Posted on Mar 29, 2009 2:50:50 AM PDT
it's a standard square filter on a box with a fan, any square hepa filter works, I added a carbon prefilter and it works fine

Posted on Apr 6, 2009 3:26:55 PM PDT
MidPops says:
You can go to Filters-Now.com and order these filters for 12.99 ea + S/H. I bought 4 of these units for my son in Austin, Tx. Cedar Sickness is rampant down there. Hope this helps.

Posted on Apr 22, 2009 11:12:52 AM PDT
Catman2 says:
Umm, you can buy filters for these of even better quality than the originals. I have been buying filters for years from www.filters-now.com. Don't throw away a perfectly good purifier.

Posted on May 14, 2009 10:48:00 AM PDT
Fred T. Vo says:
I've used this air filter for 2 years now and it's been great. I was shocked when going to ALL of my local stores and not a single one had replacement filters. I almost considered buying another air filter but like MidPops said, you can order through filters-now.com. I ordered 6 of them so I should be set for the next 2 years. These are great little filters and I've seen them online for as cheap as 30 bucks!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2009 1:21:55 PM PDT
I really like the unit and I've been through several different ones over the years and this one seems to be really helping. I just ordered 3 from filters-now.com. I really don't want to invest in another air cleaner.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›