1.0 out of 5 stars Awful!, December 4, 2012
This review is from: Wanted (Wanted Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
The description of this book looked so promising, but I was majorly disappointed. My major problems with this book:

1. The author must have went to the Tina Reber school of punctuation. The excessive exclamation points were really annoying.

2. Swearing almost never bothers me in a book. But there was so much, it was just distracting. Even the the 70 year old grandparents were constantly dropping F-bombs.

3. Ellie had the maturity of a 12 year old. Stupidly over-reacting at every turn.

4. Gunner was the only character that had potential for me. But eventually, his frequent crying and generally acting like a wuss had me turning on him too.

5. Jeff and Ari. Dear god, about 1/4 of the way through the book I was praying for a murder-suicide with these two. Ugh!

6. This book needed only to be about half a long as it was.

My advice is to save your money!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 6, 2012 6:05:01 AM PST
You just summed my review up for me. I don't understand how anyone can give this 5 stars. I mean, I swear like a sailor, and it got to me after about the first chapter. Uggg!

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 8:41:59 PM PST
Book Worm says:
thanks for the really good review. So many people when they give one star reveiws just say, so and so was annoying. But you gave great comments, that are helpful :)

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 8:29:17 PM PST
Kara Oke says:
You were praying for a murder-suicide? That made me laugh so hard! I'm glad I'm not the only romance reader out there with a not-so-hidden evil streak.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 1:23:41 PM PST
K. Schrader says:
Once you mentioned Tina Reber, it clicked.. I can't stand her writing either!

Posted on Jan 1, 2013 8:09:43 PM PST
Avid reader says:
I wish I would have read your review before I wasted my money. I completely agree with you!

Posted on Feb 6, 2013 2:17:13 PM PST
Booklover says:
Agree with everything, The entire book was two people saying over and over again how "in love" they were and nothing happened. I'm sorry, but you can only express your love so much before it just repeats. it was not a story, nothing happened! I had to force myself to finish, because i was waiting for something to happen

Posted on Feb 9, 2013 8:02:13 PM PST
Kathy says:
Oh Lord! Your review was spot on! I wish I had read this before I bought it. Agree with every point.

Posted on Apr 3, 2013 8:18:36 PM PDT
C. says:
Oh man. I was so curious about this book because there seemed to be a hype about it since the second is coming out soon, so I borrowed it from my cousin's Amazon and couldn't get pass the first chapter. You're right, this book should of only been a fourth as long. I think that if she used proper punctuations the book would only be half as long. Please, use a damn comma woman! Anyways, thanks for the advice. I'm glad I kept my money.

Posted on May 2, 2013 7:37:52 AM PDT
L. Crain says:
Thank you for your posting - I'm 25% into Wanted and I seriously cannot force myself to read any further...I tried so hard to like it but the writing is atrocious. I just want to slap Ellie...wow I don't remember the last time I loathed a character this much.

Posted on May 3, 2013 6:32:20 AM PDT
Heavensheart says:
Great review and I felt the same way. When I was only on 11% into the book and the guy was saying he would lay down his life for someone he met only a few hours into the book, I knew it was going downhill from there. I hate every other word being the F-bomb in a story and when the Grandparents started saying it I laughed out loud and had a really hard time finishing the book. Loved Gunner but again...his crying all the time just sucked. He needed to turn in his man card. And Jeff....no words, I was also waiting for him to "off" himself part way into the book so I wouldn't have to read about him any more. Very long book with the same circle going round and round and round with no end.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›