2.0 out of 5 stars SNORE, November 21, 2011
This review is from: The Walking Dead Season 2 (Amazon Instant Video)
Season 1 of this show was beautiful. Every episode, my stomach was knotted up with the question, "Who is going to get eaten?" Nowhere was truly safe, even the camp was eventually overrun, and people died. It was frightening and I couldn't stop watching.

Season 2 is a snoozefest focused on character development and emotional drama. "Im pregnant dont tell" "You told" "I love you" "I slept with Shane" "You had me at hello." Blah blah blah. I care less and less about these characters. We are six episodes in and I dislike them all more with each passing episode. Without the 'survival tension', the show is just really a soap opera with zombies at the backdrop. Im secretly hoping the walkers escape from the barn, and kill everyone, except for Daryl, he's good peeps.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 22, 2011 2:34:29 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 22, 2011 2:36:20 PM PST
L P says:
Lol. I loved your review. Poignant and right on. I remember watching all of season 1 on netflix back to back and being blown freaking away and now I feel that I have been catapulted into some lame soap opera with a bunch of sentimental, unlikable fools who got none of the spunk they had in the first season. Every character is a clichee: Shane the "bad boy" psycho, Rick the "man of conscience and leader", Dale the "wise old man", Daryl "the unlikely hero", Andrea "the tough chick", Carol the "quite, submissive" one, and somehow everything evolves around Lori and her reproductive organs, whom she slept with, who knocked her up, who shot her kid....urgh. The pregnancy story and who is the father must be juts about one of the most tired and overused clichees in the history of movie making. In fact, that is always used to make fun of soaps "who is the father of my child". you are right, in season one ther was danger lurking everyhwere and now all they do is sit comfortably in this farm going through their "feelings" with a few zombies thrown in for sh>ts and giggles. if the darkness and intensity of season 1 does not come back I might have to quit this show. Too bad. I was really hooked.

Posted on Nov 23, 2011 12:15:42 AM PST
D.T. says:
Man, I wish you were wrong, but you aren't-- this show is just becoming annoying.

Posted on Nov 24, 2011 9:26:06 AM PST
r2sie2 says:
100% agree!!! i did a dramatic reading of your review to my wife and she was entertained. she's not yet willing to admit that this season is terrible.

Posted on Nov 24, 2011 8:13:36 PM PST
I wish you were wrong...but you're right. I loved season 1 and I want more of THAT show. I liked the fast pace of the first season, but this season is dragging. At this point in the first season...it was over! This season still feels like it's barely gotten started. Girl's still lost, they're still at the farm...something needs to happen. This should have been another 6 (maybe 7 or 8) episode season to force a fast pace.

Posted on Nov 27, 2011 2:08:22 AM PST
K. Kerbs says:
I agree. The only thing that could salvage this season is the walkers escaping from the barn and tearing one of the group from limb to limb. Also, it would have been nice of the Asian kid's new girlfriend would have gotten bit and didn't tell anyone until she turned. Give us something dammit!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2011 3:26:16 PM PST
The great part of season one was not just the tension but the mystery of why this all happened, the CDC brain scan was fascinating, it was like a huge, epic story... then suddenly it's like the 6th season of Lost and I am bored to tears. I DONT CARE about her stupid pregnancy or the "grand wisdom" of the old man at the house. They fired the Executive Producer of the show -- Frank Darabont some time ago. He made Shawshank Redemption I think. All this means to me is that the show will be worthless in the not too distant future. Too bad.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2011 3:45:27 PM PST
L P says:
@ two cats productions: I KNOW. The CDC episode, trying to explain - from a scientific standpoint - what happened, the mystery of how this all happened is GONE. Firing Darabont, who did Shawshank, was a huge mistake. The new writers will turn this show into some trite, preditactlbe clichee a la 90210 or Melrose Place but with zombies in the background. Very sad. Thet come out with a brilliant show and execute it brilliantly and instead of sticking on that strong note, they fire what made the show a success and start over with a bunch of mediocre writers hired by the networks. Urgh.

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 9:37:19 AM PST
Mike M says:
I was annoyed when they keep going back into the woods to find Sophia.

Posted on Jan 13, 2013 4:53:24 PM PST
rangerjg says:
In retrospect season 2 did lag for nearly the entire first half. That's probably due to Darabount's abrupt exit sometime around episode 2, I believe? The show did lose it's bearings and it's almost as if the writers and cast were literally hanging around the farm waiting for someone or something to show them the way, and it was all the more agonizing to watch because season 1 was - and remains - nothing short of epic. But I do think the show acquitted itself rather well in the last few episodes, and has sustained that momentum in season 3 - although the guy who plays the Governor is a bit of a snooze.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›