5.0 out of 5 stars No Kindle yet - but real experience with SquareTrade, October 30, 2011
This review is from: 2-Year SquareTrade Warranty plus Accident Protection for Kindle, US customers only (Accessory)
While I haven't yet received my Kindle, I can tell you that I will spend the extra money to purchase an extended warranty from SquareTrade. The reason is simple. SquareTrade works. I have purchased extended warranties through this company for a number of items because it's an inexpensive way to guarantee your electronics will be "saved" if anything untoward might happen. My real experience is this: I purchased a washing machine rated #1. I did a lot of research and thought I had the cream of the crop. I purchased a SquareTrade warranty just as a matter of course upon purchasing a new electronics item (and the new washing machines ARE electronic).

Lo and behold, my washing machine crapped out three - count 'em, THREE - times within 18 months with the exact same issue.

I didn't even bother with the manufacturer. I called SquareTrade and their super customer service people set me up with a local repair shop. When the repair shop failed to call me and I couldn't get in touch with their office by phone, I called SquareTrade and asked them what could possibly be going on? I didn't have my washer, didn't have a repair person, and here I was stuck going to the commercial laundromat, and that was NOT the way I wanted to spend my time off from work.

I love SquareTrade. I recommend them to everyone looking into extended warranties. I will be a SquareTrade customer for a very, very long time. SquareTrade warranties are less expensive than manufacturers' extended warranties, are useful for refurbished items, for electronics purchased through ebay, and THE WARRANTIES WORK.

In addition, SquareTrade has a very well run website where you can view all your warranties in one place AND you can upload scans of your receipts so you don't have to hunt around for them should you have to file a claim.

Just FYI, I don't work for SquareTrade but I am definitely a returning customer.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 2, 2012 5:49:52 AM PDT
mycueisblue says:
Thank you for the review!I will buy the Square Trade Warranty.I have NEVER heard of a warranty this good.I wonder who started this company.The name Square Trade surely seems to fit their business practices.

Posted on May 6, 2013 6:29:39 PM PDT
JC Gafford says:
SquareTrade sent me a FULL product refund and included a FULL REFUND FOR THE COST OF THE WARRANTY for my trouble. This is a comment from the statement above from the "old hippie" . I have never heard of such thing. Wonderful. I just claimed a warranty on my Kindell but it was probably a warranty with Amazon. I only got the replacement, nothing about the cost of the warranty. Today, it is unusual to get the full refund. Usually there is a deductable. I'm sold, Square Trade it is for my new Kendall. jc520
‹ Previous 1 Next ›