1.0 out of 5 stars Disposable Hair Dryers????, February 21, 2012
This review is from: BaByliss Pro BAB2000 Ceramix Xtreme Dryer (Health and Beauty)
I originally purchased this in January, 2010 and I loved it!!! In November 2010 it started shutting off while drying, at first it would come back on by jiggling the switch, but it became worse over time and I decided to send it in since it had a 2 year warranty. I like it so much, I ordered a second one so I wouldn't be without one when I sent the original one in, it cost $9.00 to ship it in, but they sent me a new dryer. All was well until October of 2011 when the new one started doing the exact same thing. Still under warranty I sent it in(Costing another $9. for shipping) and again they sent me a new dryer. And guess what, the second one started cutting off. I finally contacted the manufacterer explained what had been happening thinking they would at least replace it with a different model number, since this one obviously has some problems. No response, NOTHING. I understand that blowdryers do not last forever, but when they have a 2 year warranty, they should last at least two years not 6-10 months and this is supposed to be professsional quality? I have short hair, that dries quickly, so overheating isn't the problem, they havent been dropped or missused. I still have one working dryer, but who knows how much longer it will last considering it's predecessors, so I am still in the market for a good RELIABLE hair dryer. I Could have purchased a REAL professional hairdryer with the money I have invested in these, not to mention the time and frustration. It looks like some people have had success with this dryer, but how long had they had them before they leave glowing reviews? My experience took place over two years and yes, originally I had left excellent reviews when I first received the first one. BIG mistake.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 17, 2013 2:02:01 PM PDT
Same damn thing is happening to mine! 7-8 months of use and it shuts itself off unless I have it on low! Argh! So, what you're telling me is, if I don't want to be hair dryer-less in a near future, I better buy something new??

Posted on Jun 17, 2013 2:02:10 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 17, 2013 2:02:17 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2013 2:54:48 PM PDT
S. Thornton says:
Unfortunately, I have found it true. I loved everthing about this dryer, if it had only worked. My search continues.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2013 2:56:54 PM PDT
S. Thornton says:
Please note: Your hair dryer should still be under warranty. It used to be two years. They sent me a new dryer when I shipped one in. I bought two so I could have one when one was "In transit".

Posted on Jul 11, 2013 6:07:42 AM PDT
OC Mom says:
Having just had my 3rd ProBAB2000 Ceramix Xtreme conk out on me, I went back and looked at my order dates - Dec 2010, May 2012, November 2012 - Now July 2013. I'm the only one who uses it. The problem is I LOVE this dryer, but it just won't last. This time I ordered the Babylis Pro BABTT5585 Tourmaline Titanium 3000 Dryer - crazy, I know (let's spend more money on a dryer by the same company) and I also bought the travel dryer (which I haven't even taken out of the box yet). I don't know what the solution is, because I can't find another dryer that dries so quickly (I also have short hair) and smoothly, without breaking the bank. I've tried to contact the company once, but didn't hear back either. Amazon ... what should we do?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2013 10:40:31 AM PDT
S. Thornton says:
I know I loved this hairdryer too. I am going to watch Babylis Pro BABTT5585 Tourmaline Titanium 3000. It has great reviews and it would be better to pay a little more and have one last, than buy 3 X the other one and replace it every few months, like we did. Never mind the frustration. Good luck on your new ones!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2013 10:56:33 AM PDT
OC Mom says:
I'm not liking the 3000 as much ... it's nice, but not quite as powerful. One other little annoyance - the power button is on the grip where I hold it. I keep turning it off when I'm using it! I just have to get use to it. We shall see! :D

Posted on Oct 29, 2013 4:03:19 AM PDT
Christi says:
Yep! Same thing here ...there has to be something faulty with the on/off switch mechanism? AND, I did have 2 dryers (one as the back up or for travel) and both are no inoperable! I'm at a loss and using a crap dryer right now..I like the BabyBlissPro & everything that others have already stated (dries quickly, heats up, etc.) ...anyone get a different dryer or model and having success??

Posted on Jul 20, 2014 8:51:06 AM PDT
Jen says:
I have to add to the symphony. I didn't purchase this one, but a similar Babyliss Pro (the Ceramic) and the SAME thing happened to me. I just threw it away after two years of fiddling with it to get it to work. Too bad, because the dryer works great...when it works!

Posted on Oct 31, 2014 10:58:58 AM PDT
Lauren says:
I bought this BaByliss. They're basically short-term, disposable hair dryers. After three months of less than regular use (2 or 3 times a week), sparks started flying out. The company saw my review on Amazon and sent a shipping package right away to return this defective dryer, along with a promise to replace it. BaByliss took more than 3 months (many, many emails & phone calls) to send me a new one. It was the exact same model. I've been using it for 2 months, even less frequently than the first one, cleaning out the filter once a week. And, yesterday - the engine started making an awful noise like a bird has gotten caught in it and then the thing began smoking. These dryers are awful and just plain dangerous!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.3 out of 5 stars (1,371 customer reviews)

$41.99