5.0 out of 5 stars When affordability meets practicality, you have this., August 6, 2012
This review is from: Blurex Ultra-Slim Case for Google Nexus 7 inch Tablet -- With built in Multi-Angle Stand + Premium Screen Protector Film (Clear),black (Personal Computers)
I've spent quite a few bucks going through some other Nexus 7 cases out there. While I've seen some decent cases, I haven't seen anything like this. This case features 6 points that hug the tablet in place when in portrait mode. In order to position it in landscape mode, you unclip the upper left and lower left "clip", thereby allowing it to fold into landscape mode accordingly. There are two channels built into the inside of the front flap which act as a pivot joint for the bottom of the tablet to sit nicely when in landscape mode. When exiting landscape mode to go back to portrait mode, clip those two points back into place and you're good to go. The front cover actually has a similar type of clip, which is nice as it feels like an extra security measure to ensure that when the flap is closed, it stays closed.

It's a very thin case as well. Of course, it does add SOME thickness to the unit, but far less than some others I've used. I love how there is no velcro on the case. I'm sorry, but velcro wears out over time. I don't want to rely on something like velcro for the case to function. Once I saw this unit had no velcro I was immediately interested. The wake/sleep function that happens automatically when you open or close the case is fantastic as well. I never thought that such a simple feature would appeal to me, but I grew very attached to it with some previous cases I tried. Having that feature on this particular case really makes it a home run.

The price is exceptional for this unit. All too often we see phone cases selling for 30, 35 bucks, etc. That's simply robbery. It was nice to find a case for this price, as it meshes both worlds together nicely... affordability and practicality. As I mentioned, I've been case-jumping a little bit until I found a winner. Well... we're done. ;)

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 5 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 22, 2012 10:33:57 PM PDT
This is the same case as both the Poetic and MoKo cases. The question is, does the magnet feature work??

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 4, 2012 8:52:58 PM PDT
It works for me.

Posted on Sep 10, 2012 9:09:13 PM PDT
J. Martinez says:
How does the case look when closed?
Are the front and back sides black or is the back side black & front side grey with the hand strap?

Posted on Oct 11, 2012 5:36:02 PM PDT
J. Chaiken says:
Looking at the images (all seem to be landscape mode -- including a bizarre photo of the tablet screen in portrait mode but the tablet itself in landscape position) and reading your mention of "portrait mode" I still can't tell if the case allows you to stand up the Nexus 7 in portrait mode. Other reviews say only one orientation is possible.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 8:11:46 AM PST
So did you try the screen protector that comes with it? Haven't seen anybody mention the quality of that, and was wondering if I need to order a separate one.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2013 5:16:55 AM PST
J. Callahan says:
The case only allows you to stand in landscape mode. It does not allow for standing in portrait mode.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 15, 2013 9:03:54 AM PDT
Brian Finn says:
Late to reply but it works well for me

Posted on Aug 12, 2013 9:29:50 PM PDT
Anna L. says:
do you know if this case will work with wireless charger made by Samsung ep-p100iew or Nokia DT-900?
thanks