15 of 19 people found the following review helpful
Fight!... Its Kinsei 5 vs 4,
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: ASICS Men's GEL-Kinsei 5 Running Shoe (Apparel)
I just purchased the Nimbus 15, Kinsei 5, and the 4. I have worn Nimbus for years. My impression of the Nimbus is that its not the shoe it used to be... Its now just another cheap cushioning shoe that fits even worse on the outside toe box. Nuff about Nimbus... onto the only two real contenders for supremacy. Here are the differences I am noticing:
- Kinsei 5 has metal eyelets, 4 does not
- Kinsei 5 feels lighter & more flexible
- Kinsei 5 feels more cushion under forefoot
- Kinsei 5 feels loser in toe box than 4
- Kinsei 5 feels snugger in heal box than 4
- Kinsei 5 material in toe box crunches up when tightening laces, whereas the 4 does not.
- Kinsei 5 has a quieter sound when shoe sole hits deck
- Kinsei 5 does not look as cool as the 4 IMO
- Arch support feels about the same on both shoes
Conclusion: Though the Kinsei 5 one ups the 4 in many respects, it feels just a little loosey goosey and not one with my foot like the 4. I think this is the result of their new printed material technology to shave off weight. Think of it this way, the Kinsei 5 is a Caddilac ATS and the 4 is the BMW 3 series. Their both great, but if you want a lighter smooth straight cushy ride get the 5. If you want a more versatile stiffer shoe that is one with your foot and can be cushy on straight and yet still tear up the tennis, go for the 4.
Winner: Its a Tie