1,798 of 1,886 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with this. Quiet operation, large water reservoir, variety of tips, October 24, 2011
This review is from: Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser (Health and Beauty)
Length:: 3:55 Mins

UPDATE: 1/24/2014 - Waterpik has a new model, the Aquarius Model WP660C, Waterpik Aquarius Professional Water Flosser, White Satin Base with Crystal Clear Reservoir. It's been updated with a few new features. It has a gum massage feature and to help you pace your flossing it pulses at 30 and 60 seconds. It runs for 90 seconds on a full tank at the highest pressure setting. The WP-100W has a clunky storage space on the top for storing the tips and the WP-660C does away with that while allowing the storage of two tips between the reservoir and body of the waterpik. It is much lighter in weight (not sure if that's good or not) and is attractive in a waterpik kind of way. You may want to consider checking out my review of the WP-660C before making your decision on which to get. I actually prefer this Ultra WP-100W in spite of the new features of the Aquarius WP-660C

---

I'm very pleased with this Waterpik Ultra WP-100W water flosser. Prior to this I owned an Interplak Dental Water Jet, 1 each and I was quite happy with how long it lasted. That one lasted 3 years with daily use and started to leak at the handle so I decided it was time to buy a new one. Unable to locate the same thing locally, I decided to purchase the Waterpik WP-100 and so far I find it superior to the Interplak.

The Waterpik operates on 120V, 60Hz only.
Measures at the base 5.5" wide, 4.75" deep.
Cord length is about 54" which is quite generous.

It's got a small footprint so doesn't take up much counter space. The Interplak didn't take up much space either, but the Interplak was very light and it was more difficult to remove the water reservoir than with the Waterpik. The Waterpik is heftier and feels more substantial and better built.

I was also quite surprised at how quiet it is. Compared to the Interplak which made a LOT of noise, this is very quiet.

I think the water reservoir has more than enough capacity for me and I seldom fill it all the way to the top. Usually about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way to get a thorough amount of flossing action. With the water reservoir filled completely and the pressure set to mid-range it will operate for 2 minutes 45 seconds.

A large variety of tips are included, most of which I never use. But if you have orthodontic appliances, then there are tips that you will appreciate for getting around the orthodontics. there is only one standard tip however so if you are not the only person using the machine, you'll have to purchase some additional "normal" tips for other users.

I have the pressure setting set to 7 and it's plenty powerful enough for me.

The handle has a really handy button to temporarily stop the flow of water and I also really like the rotating tip feature that lets you easily manipulate the tip position while its in your mouth without having to do contortions with your hand and arm.

It's a winner. Now I just hope it lasts for years. I'll update my review if necessary.

UPDATE: August 12, 2012 - My WaterPik is now almost a year old and is still working perfectly. I use it every day. No leaks, no odd noises. It's doing its job well.

UPDATE: May 19, 2013 - Still going strong. No problems.

UPDATE: January 24, 2014 - Still going strong. No problems.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 5 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 83 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 2, 2011 9:40:51 PM PDT
Sophia says:
Does the toothbrush attachment work well or would you recommend buying a separate electronic toothbrush with it? thanks! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2011 5:19:58 AM PDT
M. Erb says:
@Sophia I have a separate Oral-B electric toothbrush that I use in conjunction with the Waterpik. The toothbrush that is provided with the Waterpik is not really something I use at all and it doesn't seem to me that it would be a very good substitute for a "real" electric toothbrush.

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 3:39:55 PM PDT
Jimmianne says:
Mine lasted 9 months. I think people should read the one-star reviews to see just how many of these machines fail within one year.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2012 3:51:35 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 21, 2012 3:52:06 PM PDT
M. Erb says:
@jimmianne: Well I am certain that the generous 3-year warranty will fix you right up. Just another reason why this device is great. 3-year warranty! Every product has defects. I'm sure they sell millions of these and it does not surprise me in the least that some are defective. No company is going to offer a 3-year warranty if the product always breaks after a short period of time. Now if there was only a 90 day warranty, that would be different.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2012 5:57:05 PM PDT
Jimmianne says:
Thanks for your input. I have contacted the company. According to the reviews on Amazon, over 20% of the units have problems. [maybe more - I stopped counting after a while]. My last unit worked for many years. I was surprised to get less than a year of use and hopefully the company will send the replacement part.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2012 8:19:27 PM PDT
M. Erb says:
@jimmianne: In my experience more people complain about a product than sing it's praises. If you accept that then you can assume that far more people are complaining than giving the WaterPik kudos. In that scenario, the defective rate would be far below 20%. I would not be surprised if there were a defective rate of 5% though and that would probably be within an "acceptable" range as far as the company were concerned. But hey, the 3-year warranty should take care of that. But even with the warranty there are probably a lot of people who don't even bother. They'll leave their negative feedback and buy something else rather than give the company a second chance. My machine is about a year old and is working just fine. I don't expect it will last forever though and if I can get three years out of it, which is still within the warranty period, I'll have felt I got my moneys worth. If it lasts longer, great. I will also point out that if my machine does fail, I'll certainly update my review... I always update my reviews to reflect my continuing experience with a product. Good luck getting your's fixed or replaced.

Posted on Oct 1, 2012 8:50:03 AM PDT
Jen says:

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2012 8:57:03 AM PDT
Jimmianne says:
They are sending me a new handle with no questions asked. You can't get better customer service than that.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2012 8:58:10 AM PDT
Jimmianne says:
If you use the gentle setting for a while and are gentle on your gums the bleeding should go away. At least that was my experience.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2012 10:48:58 AM PDT
M. Erb says:
@Jen, yes, water will splash out of your mouth if you don't sort of keep your lips closed while using it. It actually is something that comes naturally once you've used the WaterPik a few times. You will eventually just learn how to use it by feel and you won't have the splashing at all.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.4 out of 5 stars (5,991 customer reviews)
 (3,975)
 (1,200)

$65.69
Reviewer

M. Erb
(VINE VOICE)    (#1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)

Top Reviewer Ranking: 7