Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

1.0 out of 5 stars What they don't tell you is that for $500, you only get 3 months of online access..., December 28, 2011
This review is from: Learn Spanish: Rosetta Stone Spanish (Latin America) - Level 1-5 Set (CD-ROM)
I read in other reviews that you get 15 months of online access when you purchase Levels 1-5 together (online access being required to play games and take studio session lessons). I purchased this thinking, hey, it's expensive, but it'll be worth the money for the interactive component. Well, apparently they quietly changed their policy earlier this year: now when you spend $500 for Levels 1-5, you only get 3 months of the online access, and to renew, you'll be shelling out a lot more money. A LOT. It's completely disingenuous and misleading on the part of Rosetta Stone to imply that the interactive stuff is "included" when, in fact, you barely get to use it before it expires. My advice is to choose another company's product!!!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 19, 2012 4:11:09 PM PST
C. Knowles says:
When I put mine in it told me that I had three months access and I could activate it any time in the next 6 months. So I'm going to wait to activate mine until I'm ready to use it. What other company has any online access or classes like that? Personally I don't think $150/year is a HUGE sum of money. Plus, I would again, get ONE MONTH of access when I'm ready to use it and use it as much as possible for $25.

Posted on Sep 11, 2012 12:52:50 PM PDT
Kenny B. says:
While I understand your frustration in being mislead by reading other reviews regarding online access; I'd like to hear an opinion on the actual product you bought. One star because you felt mislead from reading other reviews doesn't really paint much of a picture about the product you actually paid for.

Any updates?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2012 2:39:28 PM PDT
Rob says:
This was a review of the actual product K. Bourgault. The online access is an integral part of the package. I for one greatly appreciated this review and have decided not to get this product. $500 is a big enough investment without getting slammed by recurring fees.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 7:39:02 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 5, 2012 8:51:33 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2013 1:22:28 PM PST
W. Wolff says:
Great comment. While it's good to know about the online access and it's valid to give the product 1 star if you weight online access heavily, the purpose of the product is to learn a language, not to get online access. I, too, would like to know how well the product works. If the online access is so important, I'd like to know why. Can I make good use of the product without the online access? Is online access required for basic functionality of the product?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 6, 2013 1:51:51 PM PDT
Scott says:
Bourgault -- you Rosetta 'deliberate deceit' Stone people are all the same, "...while I understand you're pissed we stole your money, how did you like the cd's?" "...How did you like those pretty pictures? How did you like that neato paperwork inside the box?"

Bourgault feels that even though Rosetta engages in intentional acts to lead astray buyers (lies), that this should not prevent you from being happy with the yellow box and it's wonderjunk inside. Bravo Bourgault! Thanks for your contributation! Great follow up!

Rosetta Stone Spanish (Latin America) Level 1-5 Set

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2013 5:56:21 PM PDT
Your post makes no sense.

Posted on Jul 10, 2013 9:36:06 PM PDT
Tenisha says:

Posted on Jul 30, 2013 1:18:15 PM PDT
Aviyah says:
Well, these reviews are disappointing to say the least. I have been looking at RS for a year, hesitant to make a decision because of the cost. In South Dakota I was in an Office Depot type store. They had the Spanish 1-4 at what I thought was a decent price. The problem was that it didn't say on the box if it was just online classes, or if it included the cd's. It not only did not give that info on the box, the store manager wouldn't open the box to see what exactly was inside. He said I could open it if I bought it. Duh! SO Will the REAL Rosetta Stone please stand up! I want to learn Spanish, Hebrew and Italian.

Posted on Oct 9, 2013 8:19:32 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 9, 2013 8:21:23 PM PDT
Pat says:
We also got miss lead. We loaded on our Ipad and was going to use the tutor later only to find out by using the Ipad we were in fact using up our 3 month access. The program had more further problems stating we had to use the head phones supplied. Try that on an Ipad. Piece of junk costing $500 Don't buy.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›