Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sound, easy setup, November 27, 2013
This review is from: VIZIO S5430W-C2 54-Inch 3.0 Soundbar (2014 Model) (Electronics)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
VIZIO S5430W-C2 54-Inch 3.0 Soundbar
Price: $299.99.

This is the third sound bar that I have tested. While the $1000.00 Yamaha sound bar is better than this one for spoofing the sound direction, it is not substantially better in the face on front sounds. BTW when they say 54" they mean 54" which with a 40" TV looks a bit silly. Regardless of looks, the sound is great. The setup was fairly straight forward and I had excellent sound in less than 5 minutes.

Then it got more interesting. The programming of the unit was pretty easy. Getting it to run on my Comcast remote was not as easy as I hoped. It took a few minutes to figure out the somewhat murky instructions. I know have the volume and mute working with the Comcast remote. I struggled to no avail to get the unit's on/off to synch with the Comcast remote. That is not a terrible hardship as it has an econo mode which simply turns the sound bar after a period of no input. So you really only need the Vizio remote once a day to turn the unit it on. Or heaven forbid you could pry yourself out of your Barko Lounger and physically turn the sound bar on.

The bluetooth syncing worked very simply. It was so smooth that I didn't realize I was connected. The music from my tablet sounded great. When I wanted to switch back to TV I overlooked the input button and had a momentary panic as I couldn't figure out how to get back to the TV. Then I looked a 1/4" to the left and saw the input button, had an ahha moment and was back in the groove. So bluetooth works simply and well.

I played with the center console section that is supposed to enhance dialogue. Frankly I didn't see any difference before and after.

I'm not a sound engineer so no technical stuff here. The unit gives me high quality sound and simple setup. I do wonder how well it will sell at the $299.00 price tag when 50" screens are dropping so much in price, the perceived value might not work when compared to the TV price.

►103dB of room-rocking, crystal clear sound with less than 1% total harmonic distortion
►Deep Bass Modules add serious low end frequency without the need for an external subwoofer
►Connect to your TV with an easy, one-cable setup - HDMI-in, HDMI-out (ARC), analog and digital input options (all cables included in the box).
►Wirelessly stream your music from a smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth. Sound ►Pressure Level measured using pink noise at 1 meter, C-weighted. Total harmonic distortion calculated as electrical measurement of amplifier distortion.
►Source Bluetooth playback device must be enabled with aptX technology.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 3, 2013 1:11:34 PM PST
Scooter says:
I don't suppose you'd care to share how you got it working with a Comcast remote?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2013 8:45:57 AM PST
Page 16 on the Quick Start Guide worked for me. Make sure you turn off the TV sound. Good luck, it was a bit tedious but it worked. thanks for the comment.

Posted on Jan 28, 2014 9:33:37 AM PST
Inframan says:
Is there a noticeable difference between a 2 and 3 speaker soundbar? I like the idea of keeping the center channel but I wonder if you can actually tell a difference when its in the same cabinet as the other two speakers.

Posted on Aug 22, 2014 7:31:42 AM PDT
I just bought this thing, the 3.0 54" version, from Sams yesterday for $169.

Got it home and hooked it up. Perfect for highs and midrange, but really lacking for bass. I've got it hooked up via optical, but wondering if it's defective. There is nothing in there that makes me think the deep bass modules are working.

How's the bass on yours?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 22, 2014 7:51:36 AM PDT
I guess as good as I could expect. I had a stand alone sub-woofer on the last one and it was far superior. This is as good as the Yamaha sound bar I have.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›