5.0 out of 5 stars Makes it worth having a separate device for better quality pics!, April 3, 2013
This review is from: Samsung WB250F 14.2MP CMOS Smart WiFi Digital Camera with 18x Optical Zoom, 3.0" Touch Screen LCD and 1080p HD Video (White) (Electronics)
I must say instead of purchasing from Amazon I couldn't wait and tested out cameras in Best Buy and was completely sold on this camera and paid $20 more +tax. It feels a little on the cheap side? Maybe just because it's light weight which I do like. It was very easy to connect to security enabled wi-fi and send pictures to facebook and email. Some things I believe require you to connect to a computer. The camera is very intuitive and hints automatically pop up on the screen to further explain what a feature can help you with. I have not picked up the manual yet. As another reviewer said the flash is odd but works very well. I think the way the flash is lends me to lean toward that cheap feeling because it seems as though it could be broken easily the way it is attached. However, the camera detects if you open it and then will allow for auto flash when open or flash off if it's closed.

I wondered how point and shoot cameras were going to keep up and this camera is an excellent example. This camera is by far better than any cell phone just with the wide angle and zoom capabilities. With the added sharing, touch screen, and intuitiveness that is integrated it makes it an very neat relatively compact device. It's not as compact as some but way smaller than the larger zoom cameras and is a great compromise.

I have seen a couple cameras with gps and I know one was powered by android. Nice features but I did not see the benefit of having a lot of those features on my camera when I have them on my phone? Also, the price of that camera was significantly more.

Also something to note. This camera actually has a low light sensor that compensates for the light level versus detecting the light level and adjusting the shutter speed. When your shutter speed is slower to allow more light in this gives you more time to move the camera and means image stabilization has more to process. In other words it doesn't work very well. The samsung has a quick shutter speed in low light situations and does a nice job of compensating for the light therefore also making your pictures clearer and brighter. This is from my experience and the BB rep gave me a demonstration of it when I had narrowed my choices between a canon elph with wifi and the samsung.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 21, 2013 4:06:33 PM PDT
G says:
I've got a quick question for you since I can't find the info anywhere on the page or a contact seller button. What comes with the camera? Is there a rechargeable battery, cables, software, etc..?
Thanks for your time.

Posted on Dec 3, 2013 7:24:17 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 4, 2013 6:44:34 PM PST
Insectophile says:
I received my white WB250F new direct from Amazon sealed in the box but without a wrist strap. It took a one hour online chat with Samsung for them to finally agree to ship me a strap (after emailing them various forms of proof). They kept telling me that the serial number on their camera box was incorrect (even after I sent them a photo of it!). Who knows if I'll ever receive the replacement strap.

UPDATE: Samsung kindly called me the next day to confirm the transaction for the replacement strap and advised that it would arrive within 14 days.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2013 6:48:06 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 4, 2013 6:51:45 PM PST
Insectophile says:
Dear "G",
The following comes with the camera: A rechargeable battery, a charging cable, a wall adapter (for the charging cable), a teeny tiny little quick start manual in multiple languages, and a wrist strap. (Note: mine was missing the wrist strap.)
No software comes with the camera.
I downloaded the full pdf manual from the Samsung website and spent $17 at Bookemon.com to have it printed.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›